DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Taltos Vacation Cave

WildTaltos

l ol im thnking its abstrct too becuse Im not seein how yuo can get bird s from taht.

Heh im th opposit i guss; I wuold rathre liev in age wher peopl stll believd things and old gods ruld and th old forests stll stod, and where I mght haev ha d chnce for my actins to haev grea t honou r and meanin, evn if it ment dying in a battl, than liev now whn peple believ in nothng but mone y and the old forsts aer gone and peple aer focusd on death and th beyon d becuse of th christin preocupation with that, and ill proably die of cancr with no meanin to it, ded and forgottn.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

l ol im thnking its abstrct too becuse Im not seein how yuo can get bird s from taht.

Heh im th opposit i guss; I wuold rathre liev in age wher peopl stll believd things and old gods ruld and th old forests stll stod, and where I mght haev ha d chnce for my actins to haev grea t honou r and meanin, evn if it ment dying in a battl, than liev now whn peple believ in nothng but mone y and the old forsts aer gone and peple aer focusd on death and th beyon d becuse of th christin preocupation with that, and ill proably die of cancr with no meanin to it, ded and forgottn.

I think every person wishes his life to have honor and meaning. Something that will outlast him. For most, this something is his genes - DNA- whatever - that is passed on to his children. The genes carry on, and something of you is carried into the future. Remembrance of acts and deeds, however, is very rare, unless you're one of the few that have changed the course of history in a grand way. Like Napoleon or Mozart. One hundred years from now, no one will remember people who are currently the hot thing.  

I think every person wishes his life to have honor and meaning. Something that will outlast him. For most, this something is his genes - DNA- whatever - that is passed on to his children. The genes carry on, and something of you is carried into the future. Remembrance of acts and deeds, however, is very rare, unless you're one of the few that have changed the course of history in a grand way. Like Napoleon or Mozart. One hundred years from now, no one will remember people who are currently the hot thing.  

th much smallr amunt of peple thuogh, say 2000 yers ago, an d the suprstitios natuer of societ, maed it expontilly more liekly yuor actins wuold hav been noticd and givn specil significnce, get a stry maed of yuo  or be prt of story as th varius storis of th cycles sho whch aer stll existng today. thos peple didnt necesrily chnge histry - they wer jst held in aw by th tribe, or thy wer jst necessry to mentin in a stry,like th naems of thos Cúchulainn kils. th fct tha into modrn tiems now onl y the gretest of th great wll be remembrd show s th vast declin of wrth peple haev for each othr and small chnces of valour as oppsoed to th small tribal gruops wth anarchic warrirs of ancint man. Thts why I wuold rathr liv thn, whn the worl d was quietr and hd greatr chnce of havin my naem remembrd, than now, whn evrythng is meningless nois and thers no chnce for distinctin.

No, no scorpions <.<

*lights Luke's hair on fire*

:tongue: If I tried to do that.... he'd hunt me down in real life... :laugh:

*high fives Cyan* I wonderin.... does this mean you guys are adopted siblings since we are bonded?

Bahaha :tongue: 

O.O Erm I dunno. I'm not sure if he can handle having me as and adopted sibling. He'll be mad within the first week XD

th much smallr amunt of peple thuogh, say 2000 yers ago, an d the suprstitios natuer of societ, maed it expontilly more liekly yuor actins wuold hav been noticd and givn specil significnce, get a stry maed of yuo  or be prt of story as th varius storis of th cycles sho whch aer stll existng today. thos peple didnt necesrily chnge histry - they wer jst held in aw by th tribe, or thy wer jst necessry to mentin in a stry,like th naems of thos Cúchulainn kils. th fct tha into modrn tiems now onl y the gretest of th great wll be remembrd show s th vast declin of wrth peple haev for each othr and small chnces of valour as oppsoed to th small tribal gruops wth anarchic warrirs of ancint man. Thts why I wuold rathr liv thn, whn the worl d was quietr and hd greatr chnce of havin my naem remembrd, than now, whn evrythng is meningless nois and thers no chnce for distinctin.

I get your point, and no doubt your name would be remembered for a few generations... but it still seems all very transitory to me. In the gristmill of time's passage, little survives but dust. And DNA.

Great achievements are wonderful and historic. Even these have a limited afterlife. More people are remembered (maybe for a shorter period of time) by how they lived rather than what they accomplished. A consoling thought for slackers everywhere.  lol

Because you are no longer a member in good standing of the Black Tower. I believe that the Org Leader had requested that you not post here anymore. Your compliance to that wish would be greatly appreciated.

and Verbal himsl told me i can post here - i cn get him to tlk to yuo thn if yuo want.

Archived