DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Whatcha Jamming?

Random musicy thread about learning new songs - whether you're singing or learning to play on an instrument, or even composing a song, tell us about it! :)

I'm shirking exam revision trying to get Forever&Always by Taylor Swift right on le guitar - I got all the chords down but am still having problems with the strumming pattern. Internet not really being helpful *pout*

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*grabs the wookie by his belt-thing and hauls him back* that's cool, song suggestions/tips for anything are awesome too!

Yeah I saw this when I google's TSwift and it made-ah mee curious...sad+awesome songs are da bomb, esp if they by Paramore :ohmy:. Will listen to it when I'm at a library next :D

Gah, I'm trying to find a song to sing for my school audition on Wednesday...my only suggestion from the teacher was something in a style we haven't heard you do yet. And that's real helpful.

This thread actually came up at just the right time, Nya. I need an awesome song that isn't pop, folk or musical theatre. Preferably jazz. Go!

All I've managed so far is Rainbow Connection...and that's just procrastination, pure and simple. XD

Also, for anyone that knows classical, honestly, trying to learn a Shostakovich piece and a Bach piece at the same time is a nightmare!

Oooo!!! BBee, what about Tracy Chapman? Fast Car is awesome! Imho. :tongue:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfqEisOIMJc

**edit - just looked it up and it says her music is folk/pop among other genres. (I thought twas Blues) My bad. :P Buuut, I also have these tabs and will attempt playing it soon cos it rocks!!

Lol thanks.

I used to, but stopped for almost 7 years, joblife and stuff. This is a new group I joined, after a couple of months with really small rehearsing(we havent even rehearsed this song once with the pianist though :) ) I started showing up on stage again. I am hoping to get back on stage more often and somehow improve myself again..*Coughs* I plan to quit smoking too. :wink:

*Blushes*

Thanks :) Would love to hear you too, as far as I understand from this topics discussion, you sing and you are into musical theater? I'm a musical junkie myself and in case you haven't recognized this is from the Scarlet Pimpernel (one of my fav musicals)

Archived