DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

After Wheel of Time

Mubz

I tried to get into SoIF but just couldn't (not gonna bash it, but def fell very short of my expectations). I'm def fallowing Kvoth as I think it's the best series out there (so far and besides WoT of course :)) and one that has very huge potential.

I can't wait for Shadow Alive by Card (big fan of Ender) but that's gonna be a short taste of cake. Oh, also just read the Scar by Dyachenko's and it was awesome (again, has a lot of potential, if the sequel will even be written)

Does anyone know of good post-apocalyptic fiction that is (1) not ridiculously corny / cliched as most of it is regrettably and (2) is a series?

Oh! Also, the Wool series! Is a very cool "post-apocolyptic" series, I'm enjoying it quite a lot.

EDIT: Author is Hugh Howey

Guest DBDx316

I have so many series that I am waiting on the next book. It gets very annoying. Anyway, I highly recommend the Kingkiller Chronicles by Patrick Rothfuss. It is supposed to be a 3 book series and the first 2 are currently out (The Name of the Wind and The Wise Man's Fear).

As other people have said A Song of Ice and Fire, if it gets finished in the next 10 years or more. I think the show will catch up to the books, but maybe that will be some motivation.

Stormlight also looks like a very promising series by Brandon Sanderson.

After reading WoT, I will most likely compete the Forerunner Saga by Greg Bear. The next and final book (there are three) is out next year, and is called Silencium. They are set before the Halos were fired, and covers the Didact's story and history. I must say, it is a fascinating read!!! This is way out of genre, however there is no fantasy series that catches my eye, and anyway, the WoT is being done in graphic novel form. I own Volume One of TEoTW, and it is briliant!!!!!

Archived