DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Are you doing a re-read?

putts

Started re-reading over the summer (July?).  Finished a few weeks ago.  Some of the books (LoC, ACoS) were a lot more exciting and entertaining than I remembered.  Still not a fan of CoT though.

Me too, I started in august with a re-read of the wizards first rule, and then I thought that I should probably start a re-read of the Wheel of time series, or I wont have enough time before AMOL comes out, but I finished quite quickly, it was my 2nd re-read so I wasn't sure how much time it would take.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Started in August, but this is mu first full re-read since I graduated from uni two years ago, I thought I'd given myself enough time, but starting to get critical, as I'm only on chapter 5 CoT, once the holidays come, hopefully I'll catch back up, my contingency is to read the chapter summaries on encyclopaedia WoT if I look like missing it. Given I managed to get through ToM in under 24 hours from first getting my hands on it though I still think I've got a shot a making it...

I'm currently listening to the audiobook of ToM at work.  I just came across something I never noticed before.  There's a Min POV near the beginning of the book, right before Rand comes back to Tear, and she's talking to Nynaeve.  Nynaeve is throwing a fit because Rand has been gone for three days.  In a later POV from Cadsuane (still the same day) Rand returns to Tear.  There's a whole lot of foreshadowing/mentioning about 3 days in earlier books.  Whether it's not believing Rand is dead until someone sits with his body for 3 days or if it's someone talking about how Nynaeve wouldn't be happy until she healed someone three days gone.

So...is there any additional significance to him being gone for 3 days?  Does this count for one of his "deaths?"  It's the Zombie Jesus connections that make it hard for me not to think there's something a little bit more going on.  Otherwise, this is just a scene that screams in your face, "hey look, Rand's like Jesus, he's been gone for three days, come back and is all Zen." 

Any thoughts?

On Friday night at work during my breaks, I finished TGS. I am going to take a break for a couple of days from reading novels. However, on Monday, I shall begin my first re-read of The Towers of Midnight. I will finish it in plenty of time before January 8th, so I will probably read TOM twice before I get my hands on my copy of AMOL.

• 4 weeks later...

I finished TOM today, and got an email from Amazon telling me that my copy of AMOL has been shipped today. I will get it on January 8th, 2013 and begin reading the final book of the series which I have been waiting 22 years to do!!!!

I am so excited, that I can barely stand the anticipation.

I've gotten myself into quiet a readers predicament. I started doing a reread in september and thought at my average reading speed that I would be finished before A Memory of Light was released. That was before my job changed slightly.... I now work 6am-9pm with a driving time of an hour to AND from work, couple this with the fact that I work 7 days a week and my only reading time is via e-book on dinner breaks and on every other day when it is my turn to drive to and from work. I am currently on chapter 6 of Lord of Chaos and do not see myself getting to A Memory of Light any time soon.

Sadly for me I won't be a part of the fanbase that will be spending the next few days/weeks/months (depending on your own reading situation) reading this book. Still, I wish everyone a happy read and I hope we all get the ending we wanted.

Happy reading!

Archived