DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Tam = badass sword guy?

mike hunt's here

the point is - Tam had a power forged sword with a heron - rare and unique.

Can you name anyone else with a sword like that, in the current age?

In TGS, Tam states that he earned the sword in front of witnesses. I really would like to know who he took it from...plain jane commoner will not have both a heron and aes sedai forged sword.

Now that I think about it Laman's be-jeweled sword was probably power-wrought as well, wasn't it? Rand thinks as much when Aviendha presents it to him, or at least that is how I recall it. It's highly unlikely imo that he would have two such swords in his possession. If his fancy pants sword was all that he wouldn't have needed a separate sword, right? So Tam might not have gotten it from him.

I agree that it's not likely a commoner that he got it from, but I'm at a complete loss to know who else it might be.

Now that I think about it Laman's be-jeweled sword was probably power-wrought as well, wasn't it? Rand thinks as much when Aviendha presents it to him, or at least that is how I recall it. It's highly unlikely imo that he would have two such swords in his possession. If his fancy pants sword was all that he wouldn't have needed a separate sword, right? So Tam might not have gotten it from him.

I agree that it's not likely a commoner that he got it from, but I'm at a complete loss to know who else it might be.

Laman's bejeweled sword is power wrought - Rand removed the ivory handle and gives that and the scabbard back to Aviendha and then has a boarhide hand and sheat made for it.

i think the theory is that the fancy pants sword was for show, and laman had a "regular" power wrought heron blade for fighting.

Remember - this is the guy who made a throne out of the tree of life. Someone with a lot of pride. He probably had doubles of everything just to have it.

I thought I recalled that. Which makes it much more unlikely that Tam was the killer of Laman, just because it stretches even fantasy reality to think he would have two of those lying around. They are really rare, after all.

I don't doubt that Laman had a lot of pride. I doubt that, even for a man of his station, it would be believable that he had two power wrought heron marked swords. I also rather doubt, if Tam had been the one to kill Laman, that he would have taken anything from Laman. He's not a trophy kind of guy, as noted by the fact that Rand didn't even know he owned a sword.

Maybe a random Tairen lord or whitecloak officer of high standing? I dunno. He served on wars with both. Or an Illianer of great station who was a darkfriend or really bad in some other way?

I've long thought Tam had some role in the death of Laman, though not necessarily that he killed him. Perhaps he became aware of a plan to expose Laman to 'Aiel justice', or something, or even was a part of it, and that it was being aware of this that was the final straw in breaking him--because Tam did break, and I don't think it was just due to the Blood Snow.

His sword, by the way, was not Laman's. It was given to him by the King of Illian after Tam saved the Kings life.

i be quite dissapointed if Janduin kiled Laman.

the Aial are NOT idiots.

the leadewr/clan chiefs/general are NOT at the front line (was mention several time in the books) and i c no reason why they capture Laman and bring him to Janduin so he can make the killing blow.

most likely it was a run of the mill Aial (or maybe an Aial elite) who simply win the race to the kill.

if u dead set to pin the kill on someone then Gaul or Roark are the top candidate (age and not in leading position at that time)

Archived