DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Regimental Book Discussion] Favorite and Least favorite WoT books

Maybe it's not that the book needs to speed up....maybe it's that my life needs to slow down? (I say after i watched three TV shows tonight and looked through a cookbook....very important and necessary things of course)

Top three:

1. The Eye of the World - C'mon, without this would we have made it to the rest of the series?

2. The Gathering Storm - I really liked the sense of opression felt by the characters as the Dark One's touch spread across the land. The darkness surrounding Rand, the unraveling of the web, the spreading feeling of helplessness. They all felt very tied together.

3. The Shadow Rising - This is where many of the future plot twists are first revealed(Rand/Elayne, Perrin/Aram, etc)

Bottom three:

13.Crossroads of Twilight - I cannot stand the long dragging scenes with Perrin/Shaido, and Mat courting Tuon. And do we really need to know the whole process of Elayne securing the throne "without Rand's help".

12. Winter's Heart - Crossroads rated higher on this list because it was the second book to drag us through the near useless plot development. This one really set those side plots in motion, although it did have a great ending with the battle at the cleansing.

11. Knife of Dreams - Basically, I really just can't stand hearing anymore about Perrin chasing Faile, or Elayne securing Andor, even Mat fawning over Tuon.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived