DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Full Chapter One Spoilers!!! Sign Contest

Neophyte

I'm now wondering why Moiraine wasn't jumping up and down on Mat and demanding to be taken to Rand immediately if not sooner. Instead, she takes time out to ask Thom to marry her! She just says 'For now, we will need to seek out Rand'. She says that with the bracelet she will be even stronger in the Power than before she was taken. She knows Travelling is possible, so she should be able to work out how to do it (might she have asked the 'finns for that knowledge?) and the bracelet would give her the necessary power. But she doesn't seem to be in any hurry at all.

I'm not sure she understands just how late in the game it is. There don't seem to be any of the indications of the Dark One's touch immediately apparent in the vicinity of the Tower of Ghenjei, and neither Mat nor Thom gave her any information on just how bad things are out there. All the news she got for them was pretty good. Rand cleansed the taint. Rand has everyone pointed at the Last Battle. They didn't convey any kind of urgency.

I'm sure she's physically and psychologically exhausted, so she didn't probe as far as she might have otherwise. The trees around the Tower of Ghenjei may have made the state of the sky less obvious.

And to be fair, we got a total of what, ten minutes outside of the Tower of Ghenjei? A half hour at the most? It wouldn't surprise me if the next time we see her, she asks a few more pointed questions, realizes how close things actually are, and does say "We need to go now!"

Edit to add: I don't think she'll just intuit how to do Traveling though.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Moiraine is entitled to a little alone time with Thom before running off to the last battle. The last several months in her life have been a living hell. The lady deserves a little romance.

Plus, she doesn't know how to create a gateway weave, if I remember the timeline correctly.

I think Moiraine is entitled to a little alone time with Thom before running off to the last battle. The last several months in her life have been a living hell. The lady deserves a little romance.

It may not matter what she's "entitled" too. Most of the characters are probably "entitled" to a decade or so of vacation. It won't be very romantic if the world crumbles to dust while she and Thom get reacquainted with one another. Time appears to be of the essence.

Plus, she doesn't know how to create a gateway weave, if I remember the timeline correctly.

Egwene does the female version of the Traveling weave for the first time in LoC ch 37. So you are correct - Moiraine would not have known it when she sent into Sindhol.

Obviously, she has the time and she can't get there until the gateway opens so what's the difference?

Oh, if you meant just that one night, then I agree. Sorry, to me it sounded like you were suggesting they take a week's honeymoon on the scenic beaches of Tear.

Obviously, she has the time and she can't get there until the gateway opens so what's the difference?

Oh, if you meant just that one night, then I agree. Sorry, to me it sounded like you were suggesting they take a week's honeymoon on the scenic beaches of Tear.

No, Mat left Thom and Moiraine to have little fun. I think the woman deserves it.

Ebou Dar, Thom surfs and it gets the most swell off the Sea of Storms, especially during cemaros season.

Archived