DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Should i buy it?

Canukistani

Should i buy AMoL? Or borrow it from the library? I have all the others but..i never seem to read them more then once. And i could find better use for the $50 for the book. I'm thinking of selling my Game of Thrones and Discworld collection because i just don't read them again.

You don't have to love an author to justify buying the books. You just have to have a love for books themselves. I love the feel, the sound, the smell, the look. Books are tremendously aesthetically pleasing, and bookshelves filled with books are just beautiful. So why not fill them with physical manifestations of things you have enjoyed?

I love Jordan for showing me the door to bigger and better things. I don't think he was a tremendously good author, but the books are good memories.

That's just me, though.

Edit: I was only trying to say that there are other reasons for wanting to buy a book than just loving the author.

Then you should probably reassess your supposed feelings on books. Haha. It's not a bad thing if you decide that you don't really care much about it and you care more about the communities or something like that. Ultimately, just do whatever makes ya happy.

You don't have to love an author to justify buying the books. You just have to have a love for books themselves. I love the feel, the sound, the smell, the look. Books are tremendously aesthetically pleasing, and bookshelves filled with books are just beautiful. So why not fill them with physical manifestations of things you have enjoyed?

I love Jordan for showing me the door to bigger and better things. I don't think he was a tremendously good author, but the books are good memories.

That's just me, though.

Edit: I was only trying to say that there are other reasons for wanting to buy a book than just loving the author.

I completely agree!

i do care about books. i can't throw them out. but i just have other uses of my time then reading a lot. i've been going with audio books and audio dramas lately

my work ruined my eyes, i read stupid indecipherable medical records on two screens all day... and the commute is long, so i usually do audio books now.

i didn't mind being nearsighted... have been since i was 8... been about 20/600+ without glasses for decades... but i used to be able to read without glasses fine, and now i can;t see near or far, and.... i miss vision. i couldn't stop doing what was making it worse no matter how many times mom warned me....

yes, i know this, i am cranky is all.

Yeah, I've been nearsighted since I was about 7 or 8 as well. Not sure what my vision is like on a distance/perspective spectrum, but I know that my vision is worse than most people I know (including my parents who are in their 50s and 60s).

I'm hoping for some surgery at some point down the line if my vision deterioriates any further. It hasn't in a few years, I don't think.

the nearsightedness usually settles once you stop growing, but the presbyopia can start as early as 30, so i'm lucky it's held off this long.

wait for the surgery to improve if you can... a lot of times it's just temporary and... well you;re on a computer, you'll research outcomes i'm sure.

i didn't mind being nearsighted... have been since i was 8... been about 20/600+ without glasses for decades... but i used to be able to read without glasses fine, and now i can;t see near or far, and.... i miss vision. i couldn't stop doing what was making it worse no matter how many times mom warned me....

What was it you kept doing? I'm curious because I'd like to avoid doing the same thing if possible =/ If it's something private then nevermind, I'm thinking more ex: reading books at night/ playing games on the computer alot, you know, things like that.

wait for the surgery to improve if you can... a lot of times it's just temporary and... well you;re on a computer, you'll research outcomes i'm sure.

Î don't know about other countries, but in Sweden, it has improved a LOT.. I've got several work comrades who've done the procedure, only one of them had problems, and those problems disappeared with time ^^

What was it you kept doing? I'm curious because I'd like to avoid doing the same thing if possible =/ If it's something private then nevermind, I'm thinking more ex: reading books at night/ playing games on the computer alot, you know, things like that.

it's well worth the outcome.

Archived