DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Music request

Tyzack

Hey-

So everyday at work we have this thing called a "stand up meeting" where we talk about what we did yesterday, what we are going to do today, and what's in our way, blah, blah, blah, it's boring.

To make things more "informal" we get "called" to the stand up every morning by music - normally either Guns and Roses or AC/DC. However, today the "Scrum master" is out and it's my turn to select the call to stand up music. I have an inclining to use a classical piece, but would like to hear suggestions as to what piece has a brilliant fan fare opening (or anywhere in the piece - i can skip around) that would rival G&R or AC/DC*

I was thinking:

Dvorjak, 9th Symphony 4th movement, I love the brass..

Marche Salve tchaikovsky, because we all "march" up to the board,

Beethoven Symphony #5, because it's a classic...

Fleigt Heim, ihr Raben, Wagner, because it's a pretty cool song...

...I am open to other suggestions, as my knowledge of fanfares is tragically limited.

[Also, how to I wrap these in "Spoiler" Tags]

Mainly classical, because I like it, and I feel as though the composed music medium has more ability to make resounding beautiful music that will inspire people to great deeds...

Or something like that, also, I don't really care that much for 80s hair metal...

Mainly, one of my co-workers said "There is nothing is classical music that can be as engertic/uplifting (i forget his exact words) as the opening to welcome to the jungle"

I completely disagree with this and need to back it up.

oh goodness....so many classical pieces do that while at the same time being a bit of a downfall. Almost every piece has those ups and downs with so many varying emotions - I think that's what makes classical music so inspirational to the soul.

Archived