DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[TOWN WINS!]BG's Super Smash Bros. Mafia (now with more Ithi)!

bgrishinko

I thought there would be maybe 1 or 2 mason teams. Then people kept coming and then I realized that this game had more than a few mason teams. I was just saying that from past experience, which I don't have a lot of to be honest. I did not think too much of the possibility of so many mason teams. Also, why would you want to lynch an unCCed cop unless if he said something incredibly scummy. I personally do not want to take that risk, a cop is a pretty important role.

And I take it that was also the reason you continued to deceive us with this post?

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am Rand's partner. I don't like how you were pushing for my reveal, Wombat. Anyways, I don't see any strong cases against Rand apart from y'all saying he's "playing differently" or "supporting an un-cc'd cop" and I think that's a little bogus.

Wombat is already covering this, but to reiterate: Judging from that post that I initially quoted where Rand doubted multiple mason teams, it seemed pretty clear to me that Rand was saying that as someone who WASN"T A MASON

Yes, but at the time that Rand said he doubted there were two mason teams, there had already been a mason claim and a mason counterclaim. He phrased his doubt as if he was not a mason. That's either a scum slip or some serious subterfuge.

Exactly. At the point that Rand chimed in on, any masons should have already had a good idea that there were multiple masons out there. I'll admit, Lily's mason claim did seem a little weird at first, but once one other person besides me came out and counterclaimed mason, I had no doubt in my mind that multiple mason teams was what we were dealing with at that point.

And I am voting Andrew now because he sheeped Rand's doubt of there being 2 mason teams.

Looks like SOMEONE did read one of my WoT's :biggrin:

Andrew was one of the others that seemed to doubt multiple mason teams. I wouldn't mind switching my vote to him if his train picks up steam, but for now I'm still liking my vote on Rand. AJ seems to even be regretfully coming out as Rand's partner, and that gives me an idea.

So it's kind of obvious why the mason theme is so prevelant in this game, it goes with the 2v2 concept (and I think later games had more members than that on a team, not sure) of Smash Brothers. I suspect that the mafia teams are built on a buddy system as well, in other words if one mafia teammate goes down, his partner's powers get nerfed or something. Seems to make sense right now.

Either way, the reaction to Rand's lynch is too significant to pass up. I still think he's the way to go today.

I thought there would be maybe 1 or 2 mason teams. Then people kept coming and then I realized that this game had more than a few mason teams. I was just saying that from past experience, which I don't have a lot of to be honest. I did not think too much of the possibility of so many mason teams. Also, why would you want to lynch an unCCed cop unless if he said something incredibly scummy. I personally do not want to take that risk, a cop is a pretty important role.

And I take it that was also the reason you continued to deceive us with this post?

Sorry, I meant besides me, forgot to right that part in.

Your entire basis for voting seems to be centered around doubting the existence of more than one mason team. Which EVERYONE did I think, even if they didn't say it aloud. And it makes sense too. I can't remember the last game I was in with more than one mason team. If I've ever been in one.

However, I'm a full believer now, definitely. Lily started to change my mind pretty early on actually.

Your 'reasoning' for your vote feels off. I'd vote you back, but then be accused of OMGUS.

*goes back to foods*

As I said in my previous post, Lily's claim was a little strange at first, considering her claimed partner was already dead so could not confirm it, not to mention EP didn't flip mason.

But once we had another mason counterclaim, ANY mason team out there should have INSTANTLY realized we were dealing with multiple mason groups. You didn't really back down until Lily mentioned the QT names thing, which was well after we already had a mason claim AND a counterclaim for some time

Yes, but at the time that Rand said he doubted there were two mason teams, there had already been a mason claim and a mason counterclaim. He phrased his doubt as if he was not a mason. That's either a scum slip or some serious subterfuge.

I didn't want to give away my mason role at that time. Also, I thought 2 might have been fine, but 3 would be stretching it.

:dry:

Bullshanks. If you were a mason, then seeing Lily claim mason should have raised warning flags. Then seeing Darthe's claim (I think he was the next one after Lily to claim) after that should have clued you in.

I don't buy that you're a mason, but it IS nice to know AJ is your teammate, thank you for that

Where would you put the "besides me"?

Whoops, write not right, I should probably sleep.

No please, stay up and continue telling us about the other mafia teammates we should be looking out for

AJ is confirmed town...if she says Rand is her partner, so is he.

Unless AJ is Godfather, I guess

No please, stay up and continue telling us about the other mafia teammates we should be looking out for

Or unless Basel is full of it...

Basel's my mason parter, as stated earlier. I buy it.

Where would you put the "besides me"?

After 1 or 2 mason teams,

Your entire basis for voting seems to be centered around doubting the existence of more than one mason team. Which EVERYONE did I think, even if they didn't say it aloud. And it makes sense too. I can't remember the last game I was in with more than one mason team. If I've ever been in one.

However, I'm a full believer now, definitely. Lily started to change my mind pretty early on actually.

Your 'reasoning' for your vote feels off. I'd vote you back, but then be accused of OMGUS.

*goes back to foods*

As I said in my previous post, Lily's claim was a little strange at first, considering her claimed partner was already dead so could not confirm it, not to mention EP didn't flip mason.

But once we had another mason counterclaim, ANY mason team out there should have INSTANTLY realized we were dealing with multiple mason groups. You didn't really back down until Lily mentioned the QT names thing, which was well after we already had a mason claim AND a counterclaim for some time

I didn't want to give away my mason role at that time. Also, I thought 2 might have been fine, but 3 would be stretching it.

:dry:

Bullshanks. If you were a mason, then seeing Lily claim mason should have raised warning flags. Then seeing Darthe's claim (I think he was the next one after Lily to claim) after that should have clued you in.

I don't buy that you're a mason, but it IS nice to know AJ is your teammate, thank you for that

No, I could believe 2 because it was an advanced game, but I thought 3 was stretching it.

Yeah, I remembered that after I posted. Still doesn't mean you're in the clear.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if you and Basel were scummy partners, and AJ and Rand as well. It never sat right with me that Basel's NA seemed to have worked, when we haven't gotten any indication that any NA's resolved at all last night. Turin has me worried as well, so if we're talking about a scum team of 6, then Turin and his partner could be the last team.

Aaaaaaand I'm pretty sure I just heard the collective groaning of your full team

:biggrin:

:myrddraal:

*goes back to foods*

My vote for Lily came in the exact same minute as her mentioning of the 'QT board names thing', and I believe, before we had a second Mason counter-claim. Way before actually. You say all of this as if I should have just believed it all without a shred of doubt.

I did not believe Lily. Even the 'QT boards thing' wasn't quite enough. For several people in fact, some of whom held on to their doubt longer than I did, and for good reason. Even after unvoting Lily, I wasn't at all sure that was the right idea.

Why are you and Wombat suddenly focused on me? o.O

VOTE DESPO

Also, I've been doing some fast re-reading, trying to remind myself of things, and noticed: When we had our 'No Lynch' Day, Despo was blamed for starting the bandwagon, but Wwombat reminded repeatedly reminded us of the No Lynch option even earlier. This just stuck out to me.

I just thought of something.

Wouldn't lynching either Basel or John potentially vet three different players? If either Basel or John flipped town, then that would mean their partner is also town (unless mafia have even somehow infiltrated the mason teams, which I haven't dismissed as a possibility but still seems unlikely), and also AJ because of Basel's "viewing", and Rand because he's AJ's partner.

Am I missing something here? 3 alignments vetted for the possible death of one townie seems like a pretty good trade to me.

@Andrew: OMGUS seems to be a pattern for you. Go back and prove that you posted your disbelief BEFORE the second mason claim please, because when I went back and checked that's not what I found. Not gonna go searching for it again; and it's YOUR possible lynch that would be on the line here

Wouldn't surprise me at all if you and Basel were scummy partners, and AJ and Rand as well. It never sat right with me that Basel's NA seemed to have worked, when we haven't gotten any indication that any NA's resolved at all last night. Turin has me worried as well, so if we're talking about a scum team of 6, then Turin and his partner could be the last team.

Aaaaaaand I'm pretty sure I just heard the collective groaning of your full team

Aaaaaaaaaand I'm pretty sure you're full of yourself. :rolleyes:

Sorry, no dice. Me and Basel are clean. I'm guessing Rand & AJ are too.

I just thought of something.

Wouldn't lynching either Basel or John potentially vet three different players? If either Basel or John flipped town, then that would mean their partner is also town (unless mafia have even somehow infiltrated the mason teams, which I haven't dismissed as a possibility but still seems unlikely), and also AJ because of Basel's "viewing", and Rand because he's AJ's partner.

Am I missing something here? 3 alignments vetted for the possible death of one townie seems like a pretty good trade to me.

:/ I'd rather not reveal it, but Basel & I have a power that we lose if one of us dies

Archived