DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Welcome Randomh3r0 :)

Crimson_Ayla

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Snow!

I have to confess here: I haven't read too many other series. When I was in 5th grade I was introduced to the Redwall series by Brian Jacques, the first novel style books I'd ever read. The next year I discovered the Wheel of Time, and honestly no other series has captured me the same. I gave the Sword of Truth series a try, and Terry Goodkin is a good author, but I just have such (in my opinion) high standards for fantasy these days, I don't think i could fully commit to a new series until WoT has concluded. I wasn't even able to finish LoTR (stopped at the end of Two Towers) because, to me, it just didn't hold up.

I do enjoy reading though, so I enjoyed Fight Club, anything by Hunter S. Thompson, and some others... but when it comes down to it, when I think of reading, I think of WoT. Not sure what life will be like once I know how it all ends.... 17 years I've been reading and rereading the series... Seen Harry Potter begin and end, seen Twilight begin and end (never read either series though), and still we wait until January. It's kinda surreal.

And that's not just because I"m on this website now, that's all 100% how I feel :)

Archived