DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Hi/Hello

Guest Wynne Jessal

Guest Wynne Jessal

Hi everyone! I've been a fan of the series for many many years, but am just getting my second wind. I was a big contributor from the AOL glory days, the message boards and chats there. Back in the day.

Good times.

Anyhow, I lost interest for a few years. The normal complaints about the series. But about a month ago, I got an inexplicable urge to pick them up again (not all at once... that's too many books to carry) and re-read, and I'm really enjoying myself! As long as I don't take it too seriously. And even considering I know the major events that are up-coming. But, fortunately, I've forgotten much, and have not even read the latest installment all the way through, so there will be plenty to surprise me.

I had a really good time RPing with some of the groups I had been in years ago, and want to jump in here as well, but... I admit that I'm a little confused about where to start... even having read the "Here's how you start" posts. :oops: If anyone could give me a shove in the right direction, I would appreciate it!

Back when I first read the series, I also drew a lot of fan art, and since I've been re-reading I have had the same muse whispering in my ear. So hopefully I will be able to contribute to the fandom in that way too.. when I finish something.

Oh, and about me: Hannah, 24, live in Oregon, and... I guess I'll save anything else interesting for later. :P

Hey Hannah,

First of all, Welcome to Dragonmount! :) Its always great to have someone re-discovering the whole series, best part of fantasy fic methinks. :D Well, what exactly are you confused about? Have you already read this thread? It explains everything. Basically,

If you are interested in joining the RP side(please do!) then the first thing to do is go to your Usergroups, which are located here and join the Dragon Reborn PSW under group choices. That allows you access to the boards, enabling you to view and post threads/replies etc.

Once you've done so, go look here for indepth answers on what the various divisions are and where to start. I think that should give you some clues as to where to go next.

If you've more questions, please post here. :) Also, once you join, do poke me, I'd love to RP with you sometime. :)

-Vera

Guest Wynne Jessal

Thanks Vera. After much poking around, I finally found the right form to submit the bio. My confusion came from looking at the form I think. I was looking at the form for submitting an RP plot idea, and it was asking all these questions about arcs and characters needed and I'm just like "...bzuh? I hadn't thought that far ahead yet!"

So anyways. I'm really looking forward to RPing here. It seems much more active and well-moderated then the ones I'd been in before. Where 3/5 of the people never participated.

~Hannah

Welcome home, Hannah :D

Glad you found a guide for the RP stuff. Hope you'll have a look around the community side as well. Fiddlesticks is a lot of fun, and obviously, the Artist Org would be very keen to have you join them. Infact, there is a discussion going on there at the moment about having a sig making board/discussion group and whether it should be part of the Artist Org. Interested?

Enjoy the re-read 8)

Archived