DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

May Exchange- POST CARD SWAP!

U4ea

Being young got me through student teaching. I'd roll over and die if I tried doing that and working full time with an hour and a half commute separating me from my house at the end of my 8 hour shift these days.

:)

And that whole "drinking with my mates" thing... that doesn't happen much these days, either.

Live it up, dude!

Me too. I used to go to school all day, work from 3-10pm and then go out with friends and do it all over again the next day. I'm lucky if I can drag myself home after work.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the problem is Im in a good place right now with work and I feel like I might miss out on jobs or something if I leave for a few years. On the other hand my line of work is all freelance so I have no job security what so ever. The problem is if I decide I dont want to work in costume anymore in a few years I have no qualifacations to fall back on. So I feel like I should do it now while im still young enough to enjoy it and still fit in. Im just not sure

Is it possible to continue what you're doing now for a few more years and stash money away to support you going to uni in the event that the work dries up? That way you can go to school and not worry about having to find a job...

the problem is Im in a good place right now with work and I feel like I might miss out on jobs or something if I leave for a few years. On the other hand my line of work is all freelance so I have no job security what so ever. The problem is if I decide I dont want to work in costume anymore in a few years I have no qualifacations to fall back on. So I feel like I should do it now while im still young enough to enjoy it and still fit in. Im just not sure

Can you take just one or two classes?

The great thing about NZ is we get student loans that are interest free. So it doesnt cost me to go to Uni the same way it costs you in the US

But it still costs. If you take one or two classes you could still work and make progress towards a degree too.

loans are loans... you still have to pay them back. Interest or no!

Either way, do what you can. The biggest mistake people make in deciding about college/university is thinking they'll have more time later. Life has a way of making it harder and harder to do every year.

Archived