DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

blood on the rocks of shayol ghul

Narg

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The dark one doesnt have a thread to burn out of the pattern. the dark one is evil and evil in thedark one. you cant just balefire a sence of being he doesnt have a form he is a power that is trapped by the creator outside the wheel untill merian (lanfear) bores a hole yadayada. you cant kill the dark one just trap him sumwer otherwise the creator would have killed him at the beggining of time instead of trapping him outsied the wheel like i stated.

red on black doesnt necessarily mean blood. the dragons blood runs through the aiel (or more the other way around but neverthless) i still say that that part of te prophsy was refering to the aiel part of the last battle not rands death.

when i first read this prophecy while knowing rand was aiel, this is exactly what i thought the prophecy meant. i still think there's enough other stuff to be sure rand does indeed need to die, but i'm still not entirely sure this prophecy isn't referring to the aiel. course, i'm not sure it's not referring to his actually blood, either. but that is the fun of this right? :)

Double dawn stand for the fact that Tar Valon's pretty little volcano will eropt covering the sky in darkness' date=' and destroying tar in the process, *shrugs* The tower has to be fallen anyway, and I doubt the seanchen can do it.[/quote']

Tar Valon's Pretty little volcano? What? Where did you read Tar Valon is built on a Volcano? i don't think so.

my thought is double dawn stands for an eclipse of the sun during the last battle. Moon by Day, Sun by Night. eclipse.

I like the way the guy that started this forum thinks. Blood on the Rocks may not mean Rand's literal blood. Could be Elayne giving birth, could be that one of the twins gets killed on the Rocks.

Could be a million things.

My thought is it will be Rand's blood literally, but he won't die. Or if he does he will be resurrected, an Easter in Randland maybe.

dragonmount is a volcano

I'm not even sure dragonmount is a volcano.

Lews Therin turned it into a volcano by blasting a rediculous amount of lightning thru himself and thru the ground all way thru Randland's Crust into the molten lava below. Then lava shot up and soared into the sky and created Dragonmount.

I don't think that would make Dragonmount an active volcano, I've pictured it as a solid chunk of obsidian, not a volcano, only the remains of the hot lava that filled the hole he made. I would think that would make Dragonmount the least likely spot to explode.

If you cut your arm the scab, and later the scar are the strongest spot on your skin, less likely to cut a second time. same thing here.

In Knife of Dreams, chapter one, the wind that blows down from Dragonmount carries a sulfurous smell with it. That is often indicative of volcanic activity. While there is no recorded incident of Dragonmount erupting, other than during its initial formation, 3,000 years of dormancy is not very long time for a volcano. So, the evidence seems slightly weighted toward Dragonmount being volcanic.

Archived