DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

X: Superbox

SinisterDeath

• Community Administrator

Okay, many of you have probably never heard of this game series, and even then, those of you who have, probably didn't like it.

This is one of the few remaining Space-Smulation games out there. The kind where you can fly anywhere, in every dimension, and roam a galaxy. Trading, Fighting, and Exploring.

So far, they have produced 3 games, Expansions for each of them. The latest, X3, has two 'expansions', that are also 'basically 'stand-alones' to the game series. (however it should be noted, that X3: terran conflict, is the expansion to X3, nd X3: Albion Prelude, is a DLC for TC, but it is, in itself, a different client completely to X3:TC.)

Plot wise, it shares some things in common with Eve Online, even some of the trading principles are the same (minus not being an MMO, so all trades are done via npcs) It has a real time economy, in that theres fleets of merchants constantly out there, trading with other stations. So even if you spot a really good deal, it may be gone before you get there!

They apply a very simpe but effective method for gaining or losing profit.

Supply/Demand.

Basically if it has a fulls upply, the price drops. If the supply is low, the price increases. And this knowlege is fairly easy to exploit.

Buy products from stations that are full on that product, and sell at stations that are near empty.

Combat is basically your standard space-3 dimension, WSDA + mouse or arrow keys, or joy-stick if you want. it has auto-pilot, and you can assign AI to control all of your ships.

X3: Terran conflict, made the games Interface, alot ALOT more user friendly then the previous games. (Mostly in the fact that you don't have to memorize every key to do anything.)

They are currently producing X4, though, its different from the rest in that its not only a Reboot, not only in terms of the games engine, and mechanics, everything under the hood is new. Story wise, its still technically X4, but because of the drastic change, the new one is simply titled.

X:Rebirth.

Hers a nice trailer

Anyways, why am I bringing this up, with a title X: Superbox?

Because I bought the X:Superbox during their holiday extravaganza for something like $9.99.

I had planning on giving it to someone, but they are to hooked on Starwars: the old republic, & other family related things to get into the game.

So I'm going to be giving away this free copy of the X:Superbox, to one lucky member of this board. (Entertainment, the former Seanchan'ers.)

I just want to see first, how many people are possibly interested in a free steam game, before I decide on what 'you' have to do, to get it. ;)

Nearly forgot.

What is the X:Superbox?

Why its every game they ever made in the X universe! X, X2, X3, and every expansion and some other fun stuff! Well over an initial retail value of $280! (if you figure, at least 7 games valued at $40 usd each)

looks kinda intresting. reminds me a bit (from the trailer you put in) like sins of a solar empire, but maby a bit better

The game actually predates sins of a solar empire, and its controls are of a space sim.. Like a flightsim in space. Mix in a littpe eve onlines economy, and a hole galaxy toexploreand exploit economically.

That trailer was for the upcomone x:rebirth. Ill put up trailers for x3 later.

X3: Reunion

Windows 98SE, ME, 2000 or Windows XP,

Pentium IV 1,7GHz or same grade,

512MB RAM, 2GB available space,

128MB 3D card compatible with Direct X 9

X3: Terran Conflict

Minimum:

Processor: Pentium® IV or AMD® equivalent at 2.0 GHz

Memory: 1 GB RAM

Graphics: 256 MB 3D DirectX 9 Compatible video card (not onboard) with Pixel Shader 1.1 support

Hard Drive: 10GB of free space

Sound: Soundcard (Surround Sound support recommended)

Recommended:

Processor: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo or AMD® equivalent at 2.0 GHz

Memory: 3 GB RAM

Graphics: 256 MB 3D DirectX 9 Compatible video card (not onboard) with Pixel Shader 3.0 support

X3: Albion Prelude

Minimum:

Processor: Pentium® IV or AMD® equivalent at 2.0 GHz

Memory: 1 GB RAM

Graphics: 256 MB 3D DirectX 9 Compatible video card (not onboard) with Pixel Shader 1.1 support

Recommended:

Processor: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo or AMD® equivalent at 2.0 GHz

Memory: 3 GB RAM

Graphics: 256 MB 3D DirectX 9 Compatible video card (not onboard) with Pixel Shader 3.0 support

X2: The Threat

Windows 98SE, ME, 2000 or Windows XP,

Pentium III 800MHz or same grade,

256MB RAM,

800MB available space,

32MB 3D card compatible with Direct X 8.1

X: Tension

Minimum:

Processor: Pentium II 200 MHz

Memory: 32 MB RAM

Graphics: 4 MB DirectX-compliant video card

DirectX®: DirectX 7.0 or higher

Hard Drive: 275 MB hard-disk space

Sound: DirectX-compliant sound card

X: Beyond the Frontier

Minimum:

Processor: Pentium II 200 MHz

Memory: 32 MB RAM

Graphics: 4 MB DirectX-compliant video card

DirectX®: DirectX 7.0 or higher

Hard Drive: 275 MB hard-disk space

Sound: DirectX-compliant sound card

Trailer for X3: AP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzvpfCrxL2Y

Trailer for X3: TC

• 3 weeks later...

So, I'm going to bump this, as I want more than just '2' people interested in this before I 'devise' some kind of grueling contest to obtain a free game. (And I'm not even sure if Nolder wants/can play it, as he/she never replied back on it?) So I definately don't want to just have Ironcross win by default now do I?

Mind you, theres only 2 requirements for this.

1) You have a PC that can run the game.

2) You need to have/obtain a (free) Steam Account.

I'm interested, I love space sim games, even though I don't get to play them very often. My first such game was Homeworld, and something went wrong with it so I couldn't play it anymore or finish the story. I was terribly sad.

Alright.

I've decided on the 'what' you have to do, to obtain this 'game'.

And anyone can participate.

You have to create a

Story/Comic/Short-or-long Joke that involves

Robots

Clowns

Charley Sheen

Bill & Ted's Time Machine

And

Darth Vader doing something to Picard.

And it has to make me laugh.

If both make me laugh, equally, we'll go into a lightning round. ;)

Archived