DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

ATTN: Aes Sedai, Accepted, Novices: Your View of the Warders

Corki

As many of you may or may not be aware, the Warders' Guild is trying to have a facelift. The process will probably be slow, but that is rather common for us Warders!

Anyway, in order for us to have a better idea of what direction we need to head in, Esteban has given me permission to start this thread to see how the Aes Sedai, the Accepteds and the Novices of the White Tower view the Warders' Guild. Here are some questions for you to ponder as you answer...

- What is your view of the Guild?

- Are we a place where you can flirt easily?

- Are we boring and uninteresting since we aren't that active?

- What are your views on Warder Bondings?

- Do you feel we are off limits?

- What things do you like about the Guild?

- What things don't you like about the Guild?

Those are just some questions that spring to my mind as I type this post out. If there is anything else that you want to post, whether beneficial, positive or negative, we would like to hear from you.

Thank you for taking the time to read and respond to this.

Okay... I'll make the first post... :P

First, let me say that I'm pretty neutral on the idea of the Warders being a separate Org or not. If they (you) all want to be separate again and it can happen, that's great, but they also fit with being part of the White Tower. So I'd be happy and work with you guys either way.

With that being said, I kind of get the feeling from some (not all!) that you feel almost offended (for lack of a better word) at being part of the WT. I don't really get that since the Warders place is to serve the Aes Sedai. I know this is the Community side, but still, I figure if you're joining the Warders, you would still have that mentality.

Hmmm, I'll go ahead and just answer Corki's questions from here.

It is rather quiet right now, but you guys are trying to get things going and that's great. I'm not sure what the answer is myself and not all are going to be pleased with one answer anyway.

Not any more than any other Org. As far as I can see, all the Orgs have their spam/tavern/flirt type threads. Heck, the Band has several that I remember, unless it's changed. What I think sticks out for the Warders is that Mothers is about the *only* thread that's active right now (since the Moat died), so that's why you get the impression that the Warders is a flirt center. And actually, in my opinion, not that much flirting even goes on at Mothers (at DM... not talking about the offsite one). Mostly people stop in for a drink and talk about how their day/week was. Maybe it was different in the past, but I've seen the least amount of flirting in that thread recently.

As for flirting, I don't care either way. I do it sometimes, just lightly for fun, my husband doesn't care in the least. But it seems to bother some of you since it's been mentioned a few times. I guess you all need to discuss and decide how far you want something like that to go. Though, Corki, I'm not sure how you managed to hook up with Northie if there was no flirting of any type going on... lol... :P I'm not saying stuff like *omg I jump into your lap and start making out with you* type stuff, but there had to be some banter going on for you guys to click. :wink: Flirting doesn't have to be all sexual.

Well, I wouldn't say you were boring, lol, but yeah, I guess since there isn't much activity, people will stray to their other Orgs. Again, I don't know the answer to this, everyone has their own opinions. One of the reasons I didn't stick with the Band was because it was too time consuming. Of course, that's my opinion and it's obviously a thriving Org, so there are many who like to work on big projects, etc.

Not sure what you mean here. If you mean Bonding before you become a Warder? I actually like the idea of making people wait. I know that this is the Community side and you could Bond in another Org if you had to wait here, but still, I like the idea of making people really get to know the person they're going to Bond. Maybe if you at least waited until you were Accepted and the Warder equivalent of that (I always forget the new fangled names).

Off limits? No, I don't think so. The only feeling I get sometimes is what I mentioned before, that sometimes the Warders feel offended to be "stuck" with us and when they do want to start an activity, they seem to want it to be just them. When the Ajahs have activities, they invite everyone around DM to join in. I could be wrong, but I don't think I've seen an activity where the Ajah said only their members could participate.

Hard to say since it's so quiet right now... which is why we're discussing all this... lol. I like most all the members... I think you have a good bunch.

Nothing really, other than the things I mentioned above.

Edit to add: As for a purpose, I hope you guys agree on something. I know it's hard because all the other Orgs were able to pick something first and there's not much left to choose from. I'm surprised that not more people were interested in Sports as a theme. The Warders seem to be a more guy oriented guild (not that girls can't like sports... just saying) and I would think there could be all kinds of things to talk about with this. You guys could hold "Olympic" themed games except in a more Warder style and you have the Fantasy Football, etc. You could discuss sports from all over the world... I actually think that's kind of cool and I'm not huge into sports... lol.

Well, I guess that's it for now. These are just my opinions, so take em or leave em... lol. I'm not trying to offend anyone with anything I might have said, just trying to give some honest observations/answers.

Good luck guys and gals! :)

One word Meat!!

No seriously I am totally supportive of whatever you guys decide to do.

The guild to me is just another group of people that are part of the whole and make this place fun. If they become a seperate org they will still be my friends.

Hmmm sometimes but my warder watches us pretty

closely so I try not to be totally flirty. Plus heck I can flirt anywhere and I don't need to go to the guild to do so. :lol:

- Are we boring and uninteresting since we aren't that active? Heck no, you people are fun to be around even when there is only two of you but it for sure is more interesting when there are more of you, and better for the guild I think!

Ohhhh a warder bond is not something to be taken lightly, this person is your friend and should still be your friend years down the road. Cleo and Esteban and I have been bonded for years and they are some of my best friends.

Hmmm nope, not since I am bonded to one of you, of course I am leary about bonding anyone else and apparently alot of guys at the Guild think I am off limits. I think Esteban scares them!

I like that you allow both men and women, some sites do not. I like that you guys can't channel so I can tie you up. :wink: I like Mothers, I like the moat. I like your rank names too.

*eyes dart around* Can't name names! :wink:

I think you guys have the potential to do great things, but that your problem is simply a lack of dedicated, active members.

I don't go to the Guild to flirt anymore since the person I came to flirt with is no longer at DM. It will be a long time before I will be ready to bond again on this site (yes, I know my sig needs to be changed).

No. You are a fun group of people. The problem isn't that you are boring, it's that spam threads like Mother's don't appeal to everyone.

Take your time to get to know each other very well before you bond. Also, I would recommend bonding someone you do not intend to have romantic relations with. Dissolutions of bonds because of break-ups are depressing things. (I know some of you who hold romantic bonds may scoff at this, but no one can be 100% sure your relationship will last forever or that if it ends, it will be a friendly end. Trust me, I thought my bond would endure all, and I sure learned my lesson.)

No, definitely not.

You guys have some fun members that are great to talk to.

Spam threads. They were fun when I was a young novice, but I have grown out of the desire to spam.

ooo my turn!

What is your view of the Guild?

I used to flirt alot, but I have moved that to RL now lol. Yes I occationally flirt whenever my wardie happens to stop in, but I do think that flirting is a normal act of the WT and yes it is easy to flirt I think...although the offsite seems to be easier.

The board is kinda uninteresting, yes. Not the people, but since there are always so few of you, and no activity going on besides the bar, it does get a little repetetive after awhile.

Well I have a unique bond in which my warder and me have fallen in love and live a little less than an hour away. I also bonded him as a novice, so again I have a special circumstance.

Basically I think that it is a good idea to bond as friends, with the expectation that it won't go any farther. That way if it does, it's great, but if not then you aren't thinking more about the relationship than you should. Also waiting is better, that way you get to know the person. But I would have hated having to wait to bond Staffy. I did take about a month though talking to him on msn, so I think that as long as you make time to get to know them first, it's okay to bond.

hehe no, I have always felt that the Warders Guild are a part of us and have never felt like I couldn't go there...even after getting in trouble there my first day as a novice :wink: maybe that's the reason I am so comfortable there though hehe.

I love the people in the Guild..whenever they post. It's kinda sad that it's a treat when ya all do though.

Lack of activity, but again you are working on that. Unfortunately everything you've tried to do, always falls apart due to the lack of activity. Maybe you could try to do things that get the other ajahs involved? Like the March was a good idea that Fnorll had.

Guest Arie Ronshor

Okay, i'm coming from both an AS and WY stand point. ^_^ So hopefully i'm no too wordy.. :P

Awesome, but almost too focused on training.. but HA! It's the warders yard, really what else would you guys be doing? LOL!

From a TG Standpoint, it's a little stretched and there are many 'circles' or 'cliques' that makes it a little more difficult o RP with people. And in truth what woul dbe a great additive is do a few things IC that involves everyone to get to know older and newer members.

...Aran... 'nuff said.

The hardest part, i find, as an AS is how to set agea nd the relation to where i am as far as the timeline goes and the WY. the turnover witht he WY is about the same as the WT, but the WT ages differently. It is true that we (as a general unwritten rule) over look this, but i do tend to find it confusing. Never sure if i'm a sitter or Sister.. LOL

Love them, and as a the Head of the Red Ajah i fully support it. Although, due to tradition and liking my Highest seat, i will only bond a female... *makes note* I think that bonds bring a more 'grounded' aspect to an Aes Sedai and a surpisingly innocent friendship (depending on the Pairing).

As Novices and Accepteds, Yes. but again, that age thing, so that's understandable. But Than again, the same can be said about the WT.

The rubber chickens :|

Some of the Raising requirments. Not all of them needs to be IC requirements, even though that is understandable. For example Cairma is not a leader, she watches from the side, so a requirement of 'leading a group' is not her fortay even though i could easily orginize something like that and challenge anouther character to share in this RP and build something from there. So, in other words, building Epic RP's that involve our characters, but don't nessecarily star our characters.

Hope this helps.. not as 'long winded' as i expected, but none-the-less...

I like the Guild. I ecspecially enjoyed it until a year or so ago, but I sort of stopped posting anywhere but in the WT, GH and Blue Boards.

I think you Guys have great potential, it's just a case of ultilising your talents.

I only ever flirted with one person and now he's left so I say no.

Yes. I don't mean that horribly. It's the same for any ajah going through a low patch. Invariably, if you are active, that sparks interest and people post. If you are not, no one posts.

I like Bondings though I feel a greater focus should be put on just how important they are. Sadly, my Warder Bond didn't work out but I'm still glad I did it. I think that when I was a Novice Warder Bonds were seen as a "cool" thing to do, but now I've been here longer I would definately think about it more.

Not at all.

When you're active, you are awesome. You're a really nice bunch of people ^^

I guess the spam got to much for me. Nothing seemed to be new..

*hugs*

Archived