DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Cairhien Throne

Feral

30 members have voted

1. 1. Fate of the Cairhien throne after the LB?

• Elayne will continue to rule Cairhien
    • Elayne will die and the throne will go to someone else
    • Elayne will give up the throne to someone else
    • Cairhien will cease to exist.
    • Elayne will have the throne taken off her

I think there would be a successful coup or assassination against Galad after a month at most if he gets to rul in Cairhien. He's way too honest, righteous and doesn't like to play Daes Dai'Mar.

If it isn't going to be Elayne staying on the Sun Throne, which I doubt, Moiraine is the only realistic option IMO.

Not so. Dobraine deserves it more than anyone in my opinion, at least among those who might want the throne (Moiraine doesn't really want to be Queen). Of course although I would like Dobraine to end up King, I doubt it'll happen.

I agree that Dobraine deserves it the most, but I was talking about what's likely to happen. Moiraine is a much more important character in the story, and Jordan really went out of his way to make the major characters monarchs of some kind. And if Moiraine wants the Sun Throne, her claim is stronger than Dobraine's. I don't think she wants it, but most of the reasons that made her run away from it in NS are not valid anymore and she may have changed her mind.

True, but I think that she herself said that she intended to basically walk the world with Thom at the end of ToM. Honestly, I think as thing stand now, anything other than Elayne remaining Queen is unlikely. Which really irks me for some reason. Maybe it's just that don't really feel she has any right to it, and by that I mean she doesn't deserve the throne, as she really hasn't done anything for Cairhien.

One thing that bothers me about her keeping the throne is that I don't think she'll have the time to give much attention to Cairhien. It'll all get left in the hands of a steward so what's the point? It's not even like she feels much of an emotional connection to the country. Plus I just don't like her...

I would like it if it was not Elayne as it isn't right that Miss Andor 2011 gets to rule over a nation that hates Andor. Growing up in Scotland and Ireland I've possibly got a slanted view on this but I've always viewed Andor as being the England of WoT just without all the boats and what not.

Ha ha yeah well that comes over in the audiobooks a little. To me the accents that the audiobook people put on are hilarious, Kramer is better at them Imo. It's great/terrible/fantastic/awful all at once. Like Saidin before the cleansing.

'British' accents, however, is a funny American term. In the States the accent changes about two hundred miles past the state line. Here it's every 20 miles or less.

British accents - this term is like when Americans say that they're going on holiday in Europe - it is like saying "I'm going on holiday to a continent but I'm not going to tell you which of the dozens of countries im going to because neither of us have ever looked at a map before."

I realise that we make ludicrous mistakes here about America, for instance, Ive been calling it America this whole time but I mean that country that is in between Canadia and Mexico.

Ha ha yeah well that comes over in the audiobooks a little. To me the accents that the audiobook people put on are hilarious, Kramer is better at them Imo. It's great/terrible/fantastic/awful all at once. Like Saidin before the cleansing.

'British' accents, however, is a funny American term. In the States the accent changes about two hundred miles past the state line. Here it's every 20 miles or less.

The playwright George Bernard Shaw (who was a Dubliner!) had a lot of fun with this in his play 'Pygmalion', which was filmed as 'My Fair Lady'. One of the main characters is a professor of phonetics (Professor Higgins) who claims that he can identify any man's origin by his accent, sometimes to within a few miles, and in the case of London, to within a couple of streets!

Archived