DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Lanfear and Moirane in the Last Battle

CrazyJP

Perhaps it's made of spandex.. :wink:

Seriously, though: Mat said he wanted to be free of AS, so they put the medallion round his neck, but did not tell him what it did. He wanted to be back in Rhuidean, and they tied him by the neck to the ashandarei 'key' and threw him out - again without telling him it was a key. And Rand asked how he could win the LB. So there is precedent. That is not to say, of course, that the Eelfinn did give Moiraine a prosthetic hand; only that it would not be inconsistent or even unlikely if they did.

i'd find it a disappointing viewing if it did mean a physical hand that was black..... i mean come on!! the only way i could see it being that way would be if brandon thought it funny giving the theorists something to chew on like that and then in the last book.... "oh hey rand here's a glove to stay warm while u hold that chilly sword.... u like black?"

It would seem to me that to seal the Dark One in a more effective manner they would need one of his own, say...Lanfear... after all she did come to Rand in his last vision/dream. Also she still is in Love/obsessed with Rand, with Min's viewing and Moraine returned it is possible for LanFear to return. Also the man in black did come looking for someone from the Eelfinn/Aelfinn and said that Moraine wasn't the one. It will be interesting to see who does help Rand at the end. I don't think that Nynaeve or any of Rands current Female associates would be willing to help in the manner that he wishes. They will be simply too busy putting out fires elsewhere. With Lan riding to his death Nynaeve certainly won't be able to concentrate she is far too passionate. The other inference that can be made is that Rand would be dying as he is trying to reseal the bore supporting that Padan Fain/Mordeth will either kill Rand "and perhaps after that, the Dark One". Evil is attracted to Evil as we saw with the cleansing of Saidin.

Love the new hand theories, heh. It's funny to me because when I first read it I was of course wondering and theorizing as we all do. But I couldn't help smiling thinking RJ slipped a Luke Skywalker/Darth Vader reference in there among all the others :)

It's older than that..

This article is about Nuada, king of the Tuatha Dé Danaan (sound familiar?) in Irish mythology. Nuada lost an arm in combat, which put him out of the kingship according to the Tuatha tradition requiring a king to be physically perfect. But Nuada had his arm replaced by a silver prosthesis made by the physician Dian Cecht and the wright Creidhne, and was restored to the kingship.

Archived