DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Egwene saved by a Seachan woman

aaron11

I was always voting for Egeanin, since she's going to Tar Valon. But the vision(s) also say something about 'together we will reach the top' or something like that.

And I simply can't see how one woman with a sword and no OP can help Egwene that much.

Now, if Egwene can capture Fortuona or somehow make an unwilling alliance with her, she could receive a lot of help from there.

Alivia is another Seachan woman with a lot of power(at least in OP), but if she'll turn sides, she'll probably go to Seachan, not WT.

...and the face is definitely female because the Seanchan always have an Empress (but who the Empress would be might have been less clear).

Has it ever been said that they always have to have an Empress? Luthair Paendrag was the first Emperor, right? I couldn't find the relevant quote but I searched quickly (Wikipedia) which stated that there hasn't been an emperor in Seanchan for 900 years. But, could they have one? Or has something been changed in their society that only allows for an Empress?

it was stated that the last emperor was 1000 years ago and he went mad or some such. theoretically there could be a new emperor, although I have the feeling to be empress or emperor you must be a learner to be able to sit on the throne and demand obediance, or else the royal family can still scheme to bring you down

Suroth was musing just before Tuon came back alive (Elbar was supposed to kill her) that she thought General Galgan? wanted the throne. It was probably her paranoia because that was her goal but if Tuon had died Galgan could have become Emperor, I think that the main reason there hasn't been an Emperor for so long just reflects the WOT belief that men are generally dumb only think with the hair on their chests (and elsewhere)...

Forgot to add earlier that Egwene's dream interpretation says the Seanchan woman was 'clambering' down the side of the Tower (which I don't think is literal) but I've always thought that Tuon is graceful in her movements, and wouldn't clamber, even in a dream. Egeanin on the other hand, a ship's captain in her former station, would be seen that way without comment. She always seemed a bit man-like to me. Much like Tylee I guess, and I remember something (can't remember where exactly) about Soldiers on ships (who were often unruly and thought of as 'lower' by more reliable troops (maybe Karede?) wearing their swords on their backs.

Archived