DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Death of Adeleas

Ratatatpat

Can someone please explain to me how Elayne and others know that Adeleas's death was indeed a murder performed by the Black Ajah? Also, why are the suspects limited to Merilille, Careane, and Sareitha if there were many others nearby at the time of her murder? Also, I'm only on Book 11 so please if I am going to find the answers to the questions from later reading, I do not need to know without reading. :]

Here it is:

WH, Ch. 8

It had been obvious when they found Adeleas and Ispan that their killer must be an Aes Sedai. They had been paralyzed with crimsonthorn before they were killed, and it was all but impossible that the Windfinders knew of an herb only found far from the sea. And even Vandene was sure the Kin numbered no Darkfriends among them. Ispan had run away herself as a novice, and even gotten as far as Ebou Dar, but she had been retaken before the Kin revealed themselves to her, that they were more than a few women put out of the Tower who had decided on a whim to help her. Under questioning by Vandene and Adeleas, she had revealed a great deal. Somehow she had managed to resist saying anything about the Black Ajah itself except for exposing old schemes long carried out, but she had been eager to tell anything else once Vandene and her sister were done with her. They had not been gentle, and they had plumbed her depths, yet she knew no more of the Kin than any other Aes Sedai. If there were any Darkfriends among the Kin, the Black Ajah would have known everything. So as much as they could wish otherwise, the killer was one of three women they had all grown to like. A Black sister in their midst. Or more than one.

I have to say the reasoning they use to rule out the Kin seems a bit flimsy. It's basically "They don't seem like dark friends."

Uhm. no. The reasoning is that the BA does not seem to have a clue that the Kin even exist. Now, that does not rule out the existence of DFs in the Kin, but it is quite a strong hint.

I have to say the reasoning they use to rule out the Kin seems a bit flimsy. It's basically "They don't seem like dark friends."

Uhm. no. The reasoning is that the BA does not seem to have a clue that the Kin even exist. Now, that does not rule out the existence of DFs in the Kin, but it is quite a strong hint.

Are they just getting that from what Ispan said though?

Archived