DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Cuendillar

Leyrann

I don't know what destroyed all the Cuendillar, but I was thinking what made all the seals weak enough that they can break them with a simple weapon.

I think it's the tainted saidin.

Cuendillar can absorb OP to became stronger.

Maybe the saidin was tainted before they could finish the strengthening of the seals, and the seals absorbed some tainted saidin, that weakened/eroded them in time.

It's like the Ways(the bridges have signs of corrosion).

And it seems that the seals and the Ways started to degrade at the same time, after 3000 years, probably depending on the amount of tainted saidin they absorbed.

Maybe all the huge construction made of cuendillar took circles of women and men to create, and everything containing saidin(tainted or not), begun degrading after a couple thousand years, depending of the amount of saidin they absorbed.

Or maybe cuendillar is 'leaking out'(if they can absorb something, maybe the reverse is also true) saidin and saidar, and they have to be refilled at intervals in order to maintain it's properties.

Maybe one of the duties of the WT(Watchers of the seals) was to keep the seals close, and refill them with saidar from time to time. Since they lost the seals, nobody was able to refill them(or the knowledge about the process was lost completely), so after a time they reverted to their previous properties, prior to their transformation in cuendillar.

It's a huuuuge maybe(read improbable), but a maybe none the less.

Will diamond burn then already?

I should think it was something like double, IF it can.

Well, it is carbon, so all you have to do is encourage it with some pure oxygen..

http://chemistry.about.com/cs/geochemistry/a/aa071801a.htm

I also tried to post a YouTube clip from the Open University but it seems to have been blocked. Try a web search.

1. I saw one subducted... it is too small to interfere with the planet's core tho,

2. only known to be made in the last age, but maybe the one before too, who really knows

Uh, we seem to have breed channelers out of our society with thousands of years killing witches and the like.

Thanks FarshainMael. Additional source for destroying diamonds :

http://www.popsci.com/diy/article/2009-08/burn-diamonds-torch-and-liquid-oxygen

Archived