DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

speaking for first time

cancan4ever

Hello! Long time lurker slowly realizing its now or never to start posting lol. let me see....im 31 and read EotW for the first time in 7th grade, so like many of you its been an almost 20 year addiction for me. first book i recall waiting on was LoC....was Moiraine REALLY gone??? lol being my first go around with sci fi/fantasy i didnt really know that doorways do not equal death haha....what amazes me is that from 13 years old to 31, the wheel of time is still it for me. it is the world i day dreamed about in junior high while trying to embrace saidar and blast my teacher away in algebra and still...one marriage/divorce/daughter later here i am. i have reread between every book release and have refused to read any other series until this is complete. GRRM and Sandersons other works are on hold on the Kindle until WoT is resolved lol. i know i know im crazy lol. i think im mostly caught up on all the threads, but i still have a reluctance to post...i agree with alot and also have a few of my own theories that im still checking to see if theyve already been discussed on here just cuz i dont want to beat a dead bela :) so hopefully i grow some balls in the near future and start replying to threads though im afraid it may take over my life lol.

Welcome to DM.

You remind me of me! somewhat...! except by embracing saidar.. that probably means you're not a bloke. Which is terribly unlike me.

I guess you joined for the same reason I did.... you realised that the end is near!! Not just Tarmon Gaidon.. but the end of our beloved WoT :(

Not long left to share the magic with other people :)

I think you'll actually findy our WoT experience broadened and deepend by joining DM and you'll love the people here. They're all really nice.... (p.s Aiel Heart I wont say it !!)

I've found that theres lots going on in different sections of the forum and you cheapen your experience here by not checking out all the different areas and all the funky natives.

Who is your favourite character and what is your favourite scene?

Dewairah.

ive lurked for many years in cycles...usually when im done reading a new book i come around and read the forums....and i think oh yea or hell no lol. and yes not just tarmon gaidon but the end of the series. ive read i think the majority of the general and AMoL boards. i still 18 years later reach a point in book 1 that i cannot put it down. i tell myself at 2am i stop, i have to work at 6am...next thing i know im putting it down because its time to get ready for work lol.

fav charactor or scene hmm. as young school age kids my friends always likened me to nyneave cuz i always seemed angry. maybe im still her as shes grown out of it a bit...ive always like avi and feel shes so underused in the books....ive had my cycles with egwene...i see why we hate her and i see why we like her...same with cads...confession...i want min to die.......lol...shes had so much more time with rand...and after the last battle what use is she?? lol. though i was terrified reading the chapter with semi and the domination band...that would have destroyed him beyond repair. i dont care for faile, perrins gotten abit annoying...matts gotten wordy and over done (BOOTS) ....right now i crave more rand Povs...we just cant tell without knowing from him directly. i still get chills at the end of LoC...

.... so many women on DM like Nynaeve....!!! LOL :)

Yeah i'm the same... i miss seeing Rand... and so much of what he does or wnats to do is only alluded to .. you dont really get inside his head anymore, the way you used to. Its a little sad.

Dumais wells was my favourite part of the entire series.... I was soo happy when rand finally got free from the box and his friends were there to help him and we finally got to see the Asha'man in action!! :D

i do love dumais wells. winternight....i also really enjoyed egwenes manipulation of the tower AS and how she came to take the tower...though her godly moment was a tad too godly...i prefer the subtleties of the Politics. another fav scene has to be the cleansing. also a side note. VoG...i felt like it was between us and rand...almost a private moment...to find out later on that it was also witnessed by perrin and the wolves kinda annoyed me lol.

You didn't say it Dewa, but you did steal my question!!! :P And what do you mean by "funky natives"?????

I also want Min to die. Yay I'm not the only one!!!

My favorites are Aviendha, Nyneave, Egwene, Siuan, and Verin.

And I agree completely with your last sentence Cancan. Silly Perrin peeking in!!!

I like Mat in the later books much better. Responsibility was good to him I think ;)

Well, since you've been a lurker do you need a tour? Because if not I'll save myself the typing! :P

Oh, and WELCOME TO DM!!!!!

You didn't say it Dewa, but you did steal my question!!! :P And what do you mean by "funky natives"?????

I... Cant.... Say.... :D

I like Mat in the later books much better. Responsibility was good to him I think ;)

Yeah.. it got him a bald psychotic wife who treats him like he's a worm. haha

Marvellous!

You will not say it or you shall fear my wrath!!!

Might wanna put that under spoiler warning :P

But all that needs to happen is Tuon (sorry, Fortuona) needs to realize that she's in love with Mat and realize that she isn't a goddess now that she's the Empress.

And I was also referring to being in charge of the Band, adopting Olver, and basically have lives depending on him :P

i guess my only questions are...for example i have an idea about lan/nyn post ToM...is that something i should keep to the amol board, general board...i kept my ishy thoughts to AMoL.......i guess i just see a bit of a grey area....if it still exists i havent found it but didnt there used to be a specifc board for each book.....no spoilers beyond that book etc....and i wonder..witht he completion of the series i would think more people would start to read them...it takes a special and i do NOT mean short bus special ( hell we are super long limo type bus special) person to wait 20-25 years on a series to end...once its done more will be willing to read it so maybe book by book boards would be good....revist old theories we used to have....back when we thought doorway ter angreal and bonds breaking meant gone for sure...ahh the good old days...

Archived