DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Three Ladies and a Tavern---Need Input

Faun

Hi y'all!! I'm writing a character who will be the assistant proprietor to a tavern along with a couple of my girls (who will write sister bios to my character). This tavern may have rooms above it, just in case you gentlemen wanna get a bit comfier. Now, since my twin's post in the Welcome Inn didn't get any replies, could y'all possibly give me an idea as to where YOU think would be the best place for us to situate our business? Also, would you prefer the name Huge Jugs or Haus of Three?

Edited by Faun

Haus of Three is less likely to be frowned upon, though the implication is... interesting.

I'm up for it being anywhere, really. I might even make this tavern a home away from home/headquarters for my character. :tongue:

Hello all! My character is Jedelle "Buttercup" Belrose, elder sister to the Belrose twins, senior proprietor of Haus of Three! I haven't had a chance to write my bio yet, but it should be done within the next couple of days. As Faun said, we would still like some ideas about where it'd be best established. We'll be having a opening party as soon as we get our bios approved. All are welcome, and welcome to bring friends! There'll be drinks, music, dice, and girls! :D

Thanks for the input, Quibby! You and your gentlemen friends are welcome any time! ;D It'll be great to have regulars!

Hi there Faun and sibblings and welcome to the Freelanders RP Group.

Where you establish your tavern is really dependent on what you intend to use it for. From what Faun explains it sounds like a more adult type of place, so a word of warning. DM is a PG13 environment and so is the RP side, which includes the RP's themselves. While I'm not opposed to the idea of this tavern, it will be necessary to use caution in order not to violate this rule.

Keep in mind that you'll need to confirm to the culture/traditions of the place you put this tavern in. Women in Ebou Dar, for instance, react much different to men than women in Andor or Amadicia. So you'll need to think about this when you decide on a location. Keep in mind that Tarabon is completely in the hands of the Seanchan, Tear is in the hands of the Dragon Reborn, the Black Tower resides in Andor and so on.

Perhaps the best way to decide on where to place your Tavern is first to think about how you want your characters to be. Do you want the women to be dominant or submissive (or vice versa for the men)? Do you want to expose them to external difficulties such as the Seanchan, Dragon or Children rule or not? I would say Tar Valon is out of the question for this type of establishment. I don't think the Amyrlin Seat would allow it.

I would also advise against Cairhien, as they're known for their sticky and uptight sense of propriety (barring the rather sudden changes á la their (basically) New Year's customs.

Thank you for your input, Mystica! If you read my twin's post in the Welcome Inn you'll see that we are aware of the rule and we will of course be respecting it. I'll have to talk to my siblings about our characters and we'll make sure to place the tavern accordingly. We were just wondering if there was any special interest in a particular town.

Great advice Quibby! Hope to see you soon :)

• 5 months later...