DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

New to the forum, old friend of the series.

cmsnaith

Hello all!

I'm new to the forums here, and this is my very first post. It's nice to join a community of people who enjoy the Wheel of Time series as I do.

A little about myself:

I began reading the series a few years ago. About 5, I think, to be more specific. So, I realize I'm not as old a fan as many of you, but I am a fan nonetheless. I was introduced to the series by my brothers, who had been reading for much longer, and they were introduced to the series by my father, who has a ton of books in his collection (generally all fantasy).

I'm 27, male, and in love with my beautiful fiancee.

My favorite male character is a toss up between Mat and Perrin, though I must say that though I think Sanderson has done an amazing job so far, I think he strayed from Mat's character a little in the last book. Just a little, mind. I really do think Sanderson has done an excellent job!

My favorite female character is Egwene, though, as I understand, she's a bit hated on in these forums, at least from what I've seen anyway, which is admittedly not a great amount.

Anyway, that's my introduction. I can't wait to get posting!

Yay I'm first person to post a welcome!

I've only been a fan two years! :P

Egwene is also one of my favorite characters so you can join the small but loyal club of us who loves her :)

Welcome and have fun!

Hello all!

HOLA compadre! :biggrin:

I'm new to the forums here, and this is my very first post. It's nice to join a community of people who enjoy the Wheel of Time series as I do.

Yes, we all worship the WoT. It's like my fantasy bible, if I were to use religion as an equivalence to fantasy. Not that I would because.... totally different things. But it worked for the joke, so who am I to argue? :D

A little about myself:

I began reading the series a few years ago. About 5, I think, to be more specific. So, I realize I'm not as old a fan as many of you, but I am a fan nonetheless. I was introduced to the series by my brothers, who had been reading for much longer, and they were introduced to the series by my father, who has a ton of books in his collection (generally all fantasy).

I'm 27, male, and in love with my beautiful fiancee.

My favorite male character is a toss up between Mat and Perrin, though I must say that though I think Sanderson has done an amazing job so far, I think he strayed from Mat's character a little in the last book. Just a little, mind. I really do think Sanderson has done an excellent job!

My favorite female character is Egwene, though, as I understand, she's a bit hated on in these forums, at least from what I've seen anyway, which is admittedly not a great amount.

Anyway, that's my introduction. I can't wait to get posting!

Your dad sounds like a really cool person. And the fact that he introduced you to WoT gives him points for sure! My favorite character... well, I would think it's quite obvious :biggrin: So naturally I'm a Lan fan as well. Mat amuses me a lot. So yeah, those are my top favorite characters. I'm not a fan of Egwene myself, but whatever floats your boat doesn't necessarily floats mine. Not that I have a boat. Do you have a boat? :D

So, welcome to DM! I'm sure you'll have fun. Enjoy the Discussion Board because it sounds like that's what you're leaning towards. But if I were you I'd give the Social Groups and Role Play Groups a look as well, just in case you suddenly find interest in something you wouldn't have otherwise considered.

Any questions or doubts, feel free to contact me via PM ^_^

Cheers,

Nyn

Welcome to Dragonmount.com, Randlander.

We have many different forums and sub-forums where you can discuss practically anything that you want; including discussions that are not WOT based, but on just about anything else in this world that you might want to discuss. I encourage you to browse the forums, read and also participate in the countless discussions that are ongoing.

Also, some of the places where WOT fans can have the most fun are in the various Social Groups here, based upon different groups written by Robert Jordan in the Wheel of Time. These Social Groups include, but are not limited by; the Aiel, The White Tower, The Black Tower, the Ogier, and Shayol Ghul.

If you are interested, post what you like best in The Wheel of Time series, and then you can be given suggestions as to which ones of the Social Groups on Dragonmount that you might like. Dragonmount also has roleplay forums for those whom want to immerse themselves in character into the most fascinating fantasy world ever created, the world of Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time.

You have found what I believe is the very best fan forum and message board for a fictional series of books. Also, I believe without a shred of an iota of doubt in my mind that The Wheel of Time series is the VERY BEST series of fictional novels that has ever been written. Stick around here long enough, and I can promise you that not only will you meet cool and interesting people online, but also that you will become friends with some whom you regularly interact.

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me at any time.

Welcome aboard, Randlander!

Don't worry about the Egwene haters - there aren't actually all that many of them, they're just very vociferous and tend to turn any discussion into a rant about her :rolleyes:

I'll echo what the others have said, ie have a look further down the board at the Social Groups and the Role Playing Groups, and feel free to ask questions :biggrin:

@Aiel Heart: Thank you for the welcome! Glad to see another Egwene fan! The scene of her defending the tower will never leave my mind. Epic!

@Christine: Thank you for letting me know! I'll definitely check out the club. :)

@Nynaeve: Thank you for the welcome as well! Mat and Lan are definitely awesome, but I can't understand why you don't like one of the girls you swore to yourself you'd look after, NYNAEVE! Anyway, I'll take my time to check out all of the forums. Thanks for the heads up!

@Vambram: Thank you for the welcome, and the brief, yet succinct introduction to the forums. I'm glad to hear that this is such a great place to commune with people who share similar interests. I look forward to getting involved!

@Elgee: Thank you also for the welcome! You're all very welcoming! It's nice. And thanks for the clarification about the Egwene-hating minority. :)

Welcome to the Mount :D

Everyone seems to have covered everything quite well, so all I have to say is Welcome!

If you have any questions dont hesistate to drop me a PM or ask them here :3 Or even drop me an e-mail! I will respond to them asap and get you your answer!

Until then though!

Have fun STorming the Mount!

Archived