DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Purpose of Perrin's Mah'alleinir

Perrin will need all his gifts and weapons to 'rescue' Rand for the second time in AMOL. Sharpen those TAR powers. Lanfear, Moghdiein and the Slayer will be waiting...

Even in KoD there are hints of this: "The easiest way is the kidnap Lews Therin." "I can make him tell where the seals are". Now that Rand has refused to embrace the dark side of the force, plans will be augmented.

Perrin's regular hammer time was not effective against Slayer (blocked it with his bare hand), this improved Thor's hammer will shatter and kill Slayer. Perrin vs. Slayer, the final confrontation, AMOL.

I would say that the likes of Moridin, Shadar Haran and Fain are for Rand.

Hammer's probably an authorial way of avoiding penis envy, so to speak:

Rand: Hawkwing's Sword, Crystal Sword

Mat: Finn Spear, Fox Medallion

Perrin: Aawww *mopes *kicks can

Oh fine *scribbles for Perrin to have funky Hammer

I was about to say that he is compensating for something, but your post was way betterbiggrin.gif

We have instances where Min has predicted that certain people would need to be together at certains times in order to avoid death and every instance involved those people doing something for each other. I don't think it's likely that Perrin's presence and not his involvement is what her prediction entails.

Astute observation :biggrin:

I do think that Perrin being "there" for Rand in VOG was important, his Taveren-ness, his will, and just his support fit into the theme that their connections/bonds and fates being tied together.

Hmmm now the hammer, that's another matter. I think it will be Hammer Time during the LB with a little Cant Touch This in the world of dreams. Ending with a Break it DOWN at the end. :rolleyes::biggrin:

Ha, that's exactly what I thought of when I first read the scene.

Archived