DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Football Season 11/12

ineedfourberfs

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, they are currently in blatant violation if FIFAs financial fair play rules, they are not even close to break-even. So they should have to start selling players rather than buying, especially since they have lured players to the club by offering them ridicilous wages.

Mancini is wanting to offload a lot of surplus I know that much, but the bigwigs have apparently not him list quite a few of the squad.

But as far as smash and grab for the Champions League before the fair play rules come into er... play, UR DOIN IT RITE.

Rooney best in the world? Puh-lease. Messi. Iniesta. Xavi...

Rooney best in the world? Puh-lease. Messi. Iniesta. Xavi...

I am speaking ot right now. The big difference between Rooney and the players you mentioned is the register. Did you see the game against Spurs? United is up 2-0, the little threat Spurs had posed is neutralized...And yet Rooney is outside the own box, tackling clean to win the ball. When did you se messi or Iniesta try to tackle someone? Rooneys register is far broader than Xavis or Messis, and right now all the pieces work for him. That does not mean it will continue this way, it can change as soon as the next game. but right now, Rooney is the top dog.

But, we all look at football different ways. ome people are all about the dribbling, some find other aspects to look at.

As for city 'smash and grab for the CL', they better hurry up and win it. If their finances are not in order the last quarter of next season, they will be suspended from all European cups until they get it right. And if you don't play in Europe, you miss out on huge incomes, which makes balancing the books even harder. It is a dangerous game they play.

So, Arsenals big signing was Arteta from Everton. Good player, but I'm...underwhelmed. Also to Arsenal benayun from Chelsea.

The same Chelsea that failed to sign Modric, despite a £40m bid. They also tried to get Ribery without success. They did get Meireles though.

Crouch to Stoke. At least he should be a starting player now.

Bendtner on loan to Sunderland. Apparently noone wants to buy himbiggrin.gif

Biggest loser must be Newcastle. they bid on everything that moves, but did not even manage to get a player on loan.

Well, as I understood it, Arsenals main target was Eden Hazard. But Lille refused to sell him as a bit of revenge because Arsenal "stole" Chu Young, who everyone thought was a done deal for Lille.

But I think the entire transfer window was underwhelming. i was waiting for that big Bomb. If only the late rumours about Kaka to Tottenham had been true...

Kaka to Tottenham? Only if Modric left.

But it is all done. Rather saddened by Raul leaving Liverpool, but Ngog is finally gonna get some game time so good for him and bolton.

Bolton have done well, actually. Wouldnt be surprised to see them take a Europa league spot this year.

I really thought 'arry would sell Modric. he has made it very clear that he does not want to stay in Tottenham, and having a player with that kind of attitude can poison an entire dressing room. Better send him on his merry way, and start counting the cash.

Granted, it is of course possible that Tottenham tried to play it cool, and ilk chelsea for as much as possible. Only to misjudge how much Roman was willing to pay.

Seems like Harry wanted to sell Modric, but the owners refused. Heh, I'm so used to how United works, where SAF decides who stays and who goes.

Speaking of United, squashing Bolton with 5-0 is a more than decent performance. Something that can not be said about losing to Stoke, like some other team did...biggrin.gif

Archived