DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Which vulcano will erupt?

Leyrann

41 members have voted

1. 1. Does Shayol Ghul or Dragonmount erupt in Tarmon Gai'don?

• Only Shayol Ghul will erupt.
    • Only Dragonmount will erupt.
    • Both will erupt.
    • None of them will erupt.

Minor problem with that theory: the Black Tower is due to be rent in fire and blood thanks to Taim's Darkfriend Manufacturing Plant.

Think it is likely after the BT is destroyed the Ashaman will build a new one on the grounds of "Elaidas Palace" next to the WT...

I cleave to this theory myself. After the upcoming confrontation Pevara leads the Asha'men who survive to the White Tower, where they get taken in, and later after TG the new Black Tower will be in Tar Valon.

I have never liked this theory, because the Aes Sedai are in a privileged position from the get-go. Much better for the Tower to be destroyed so that they can start fresh, without monuments associated with the last 3000 years of Aes Sedai rule. Rhuidean seems like a good bet to me, especially considering that the Aiel might not return to the Waste at all. Also, you'd think that the Aes Sedai who had Rhuidean built were building it for a reason, and so far the city itself has served no purpose.

Maybe the "grey tower" will be in or nearby Caemlin (maybe the place of the BT). I mean, Caemlin is more central in the Westlands than Tar Valon, and is also larger by now (Elayne mentions that in KoD).

Minor problem with that theory: the Black Tower is due to be rent in fire and blood thanks to Taim's Darkfriend Manufacturing Plant.

Think it is likely after the BT is destroyed the Ashaman will build a new one on the grounds of "Elaidas Palace" next to the WT...

I cleave to this theory myself. After the upcoming confrontation Pevara leads the Asha'men who survive to the White Tower, where they get taken in, and later after TG the new Black Tower will be in Tar Valon.

Assuming of course that Tar Valon still exists after TG...But yeah, seems pretty odd to introduce something like elaidas palace, even reminding us of it in TOM, if it is not going to be used.

It was used to demonstrate Elaida's arrogance, and also, it could be yet another red herring to distract from that huge, smoking, rumbling mountain yonder.

Right.

I'm thinking about deleting my vote, then vote for "both will erupt". I first voted "only SG will erupt".

• 2 weeks later...

I think Dragonmount will erupt when Rand dies. The Dragon is one with the land, and all that. Shayol Ghul might erupt when Rand (Perrin) breaks the seals.

I think you're definitely right about Dragonmount, IMO that almost HAS to happen.

I agree, I think it would perfectly symbolize the Light vs Shadow saga if both were to erupt.

Archived