DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Which vulcano will erupt?

Leyrann

41 members have voted

1. 1. Does Shayol Ghul or Dragonmount erupt in Tarmon Gai'don?

• Only Shayol Ghul will erupt.
    • Only Dragonmount will erupt.
    • Both will erupt.
    • None of them will erupt.

Okay, I just wanted to know what people thought about this, and I don't see anything on the AMoL non spoiler discussion, where it is most likely to place it, because this doesn't spoil.

You don't have to reply, only if you want to, I do this for the poll.

Minor problem with that theory: the Black Tower is due to be rent in fire and blood thanks to Taim's Darkfriend Manufacturing Plant.

That doesn't mean it will be completely destroyed. It could also be metaphorical, referring to the divide (as well as the coming battle) between Taim's men and those who are loyal to the Light. Assuming that it will be completely destroyed and that the Asha'man will be forced to enslave themselves to Aes Sedai takes a huge leap in logic. Granted, given RJ's affinity for making all the men lapdogs for women, it's likely you're right...the BT will be burned to the ground, all of the AM left alive will be taken as Warder-Slaves, and the AS will have no one to counter the stranglehold Egwene wants on the world. But I'm being optimistic tonight...

As for which volcano will erupt, I'd love to see Dragonmount spew it's hot, red lava all over the pristine WT and the craphead AS that reside there. There would be something so poetic and symbolic about it. I'd laugh my ass off. :biggrin:

As for which volcano will erupt, I'd love to see Dragonmount spew it's hot, red lava all over the pristine WT and the craphead AS that reside there. There would be something so poetic and symbolic about it. I'd laugh my ass off. :biggrin:

Also if Moiraine was in the WT at that moment?

Why don't you say WHAT is wrong exactly. I think "which", but I don't know what it has to be. I'm only fifteen, and not native English.

The grammar of the topic title is perfectly accurate. The only problem is that it should be 'volcano'. It's an easy mistake to make, given that Vulcan is the Roman god of fire:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vulcan_(mythology)

Don't worry about it, mynheer - your English is a lot better than our Dutch!

As much as I would love to see Tar Valon wiped off the map from the Dragonmount erupting, remember that Dragonmount is not a natural volcano. It was made only because of LTT going nuts.

I honestly don't remember if Rand saw active calderas and lava when he was near the top doing his epiphany, so if he did, then yes there's a chance, but otherwise I don't see it happening, as much as I want.

Hasn't Dragonmount already erupted - during that nightmare that Perrin and Slayer were fighting in ? IIRC he dropped the dreamspike into the lava, and it came out of T'A'R as a melted lump!

yeah It did errupt but they we're both in somebodys nightmare and not in the World of Dreams. Anything at all can happen in somebodys nightmare and if you enter via the world of dreams it might as well be all real (For you and anyhthing you brought with you). The Nightmare is mainly the product of the dreamer

There is an active crater. The quote was posted on another thread. But I could give you the Dutch quote. I'm only not sure if you can read it.

If it's anything like German (which I had a year of im Schule) I'll have a try. :smile:

well, here it is:

Opzij kon hij honderden voet omlaag kijken naar waar de helling van de berg overging in een ontplofte kloof. De opening was reusachtig, groter dan zij er vanaf de zijkant uitzag. Een grote rode ovaal van gloeiend kolkend steen.

If I would translate it to English myself, it would be this:

To the side he could look down hundreds of feet to where the slope of the mountain turned into (bad English, but I don't a better word) an exploded gap. The maw was gigantic, larger than it looked like from aside. A great, red oval of burning, swirling stone.

That's the best I can give you.

There is an active crater. The quote was posted on another thread. But I could give you the Dutch quote. I'm only not sure if you can read it.

If it's anything like German (which I had a year of im Schule) I'll have a try. :smile:

well, here it is:

Opzij kon hij honderden voet omlaag kijken naar waar de helling van de berg overging in een ontplofte kloof. De opening was reusachtig, groter dan zij er vanaf de zijkant uitzag. Een grote rode ovaal van gloeiend kolkend steen.

To the side he could look down hundreds of feet to where the slope of the mountain turned into (bad English, but I don't a better word) an exploded gap. The maw was gigantic, larger than it looked like from aside. A great, red oval of burning, swirling stone.

--- can he --- --- --- --- --- --- the light from the mountain --- in --- --- ---. The opening was ---, greater than --- of --- the --- ---. One large red oval from glowing --- ---.

Ok, hopeless.. :biggrin: Some is very like English, a few words are near German, but for the most part it's Greek to me.. :wink:

well, here it is:

--- can he --- --- --- --- --- --- the light from the mountain --- in --- --- ---. The opening was ---, greater than --- of --- the --- ---. One large red oval from glowing --- ---.

Ok, hopeless.. :biggrin: Some is very like English, a few words are near German, but for the most part it's Greek to me.. :wink:

Greek is much more difficult. Most of it was right. "helling" means "slope", "opening" could best be translated as "crater" and "een" could be translated either as "one" or, "a". This time, "a" was better. And "glowing" is the correct translation for "gloeiend" but in this sentence, it would be better to use something like "burning". Very good for someone who never had Dutch lessons.

Minor problem with that theory: the Black Tower is due to be rent in fire and blood thanks to Taim's Darkfriend Manufacturing Plant.

Think it is likely after the BT is destroyed the Ashaman will build a new one on the grounds of "Elaidas Palace" next to the WT...

Think it is likely after the BT is destroyed the Ashaman will build a new one on the grounds of "Elaidas Palace" next to the WT...

I cleave to this theory myself. After the upcoming confrontation Pevara leads the Asha'men who survive to the White Tower, where they get taken in, and later after TG the new Black Tower will be in Tar Valon.

I cleave to this theory myself. After the upcoming confrontation Pevara leads the Asha'men who survive to the White Tower, where they get taken in, and later after TG the new Black Tower will be in Tar Valon.

Just read your "Fall of Taim" theory again, very well put together and how cool would that novella be!!!

Archived