DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Some Real Tragedy At Last

Elayne's a goner. The Rhuidean future-memories show Aviendha one of the Dragon's red-headed Andoran royal heirs sitting on the throne maybe 40 years post Last Battle, and a channeler of Elayne's strength would live 400+ years even after taking Oath rod age-truncation into account. It's kind of foreshadowed with her "I'm invincible cause Min said I'm going to have kids" attitude. (Granted, to me her death will not be a tragedy)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well as for the death front: remember that Mat has technically died 2 times already so there is you main carry dying earlier in the books :tongue:.

I do have to agree that Min's a gonner, I think that Elayne is in preterm labour and maybe she will die giving birth to her babes or right after ala Padme (sorry for the Star Wars reference).

I think Moraine and Tom will have there HEA. because of the viewing of Min's Lan and Nyn have at least one more thing to do, get a child off each other.

Mat and Fortuna are safe as far as i can see.

I'm still up in the air with Eggy.

of course Bella will be at the LB and she will be one of the few still standing after all is said and done, you got to give credit were its do that horse must be tavereen with the amount of times she could have been killed, :wink::bela:

Bad news from Avi's visions:

1. The Aiel almost got a treaty with Tuon, but "the new Empress" refused. Not the emperor (i.e. Mat.) Therefore, both Mat and Tuon are gone, likely assassinated.

2. Avi's kids didn't know their mother or Rand either.

3. The White Tower fell to the Seanchan, Egwene is either long dead, dead, or a'damized.

Pretty much all the main characters except Perrin are mysteriously avoided in Avi's visions, although Two Rivers is considered a separate nation.

As an aside, maybe Elayne is ruling in Cairhein, and her daughter is queen of Andor?

Mat won't be an emperor if Tuon dies, he's just the Prince Consort and has no Hawkwing blood. Besides, becoming Emperor is the last thing he wants.

The Andor scene in the visions is almost 60 years after the Last Battle, Elayne may've abdicated to give way for her children to rule.

But more importantly, I don't see those visions as really prophetic. This kind of ending to the series, with most main characters dying during or soon after the LB, and the Seanchan, who most of the readership dislike, taking over the world eventually, seems really unlikely from Robert "I couldn't kill a single important lightside character for 13 books" Jordan.

Besides, the visions Aviendha saw was from before Mat went into ToG, and as far as I know, his survival in there was not a given to the pattern. That would explain the Seanchan things going on, and perhaps even why some of the other main characters are missing, they simply didn't survive TG because he wasn't there.

Besides, the visions Aviendha saw was from before Mat went into ToG, and as far as I know, his survival in there was not a given to the pattern. That would explain the Seanchan things going on, and perhaps even why some of the other main characters are missing, they simply didn't survive TG because he wasn't there.

It must be part of the pattern, otherwise prophecies won't work. Prophecies are glimpses of the pattern. That he was prophesied to rescue Moiraine and "lose half the light of the world" means that ToG is included. Also, Min's ability is also tied to the pattern (much clearer than regular prophecies,) and she saw events after Moiraine was rescued, thus indirectly confirming Mat's trip.

There are a couple of indications that the Pattern can be ambiguous. First, there's the Aelfinn talking to Mat:

Mat: "Should I go home to my people?"

Finns: "You must go to Rhuidean."

"Why should I?"

"If you do not go to Rhuidean you will die."

"Why?"

"You will have sidestepped the thread of fate, left your fate to drift on the winds of time, and you will be killed by those who do not want that fate fulfilled."

Then there was a viewing by Min of Gawyn, TSR47:

Gawyn kneeling at Egwene's feet with his head bowed, and Gawyn breaking Egwene's neck, first one then the other, as if either could be the future. She had never seen that fluttering back and forth, as though not even the viewing could tell which would be the true future.

I wouldn't mind if the main three survive (though I think the series would have been better if one of them had died earlier - now there's no point) but I would like quite a few of the secondary characters to die. Would just be wrong for one side to win a major battle without any significant casualties.

I also wouldn't mind seeing the dark one actually win just to surprise everyone including myself but I really don't think that is going to happen.

If a Tar'veren died, than the proficies wouldn't be able to be fullfilled. Thats the whole point of a Tar'veren, to fullfill them!!

I really really really wish people would start using their brains.

Lets say Rand has a Dream, or someone has a vision, showing that Rand will die at the Black Tower unless he takes Perrin to die in his place. Perrins death would have fulfilled his second time of needing to be near Rand.

Lets then say Perrin became bound to the Horn for that and waits in T'A'R. Lets say Demandred kills Rand, then goes immediately to T'A'R to finish Rands soul forever. Perrin gets the flashy vision of Rand, knows he is in T'A'R, and can jump to Rand instantly with his new dream powers, taking an army of dead wolves with him. Perrins death would have fulfilled its purpose twice-to keep Rand from permanently dying.

People should stop saying "Oh Mat cant die because RJ said the outriggers." We've already seen Mat die once, theres no reason it cant heppen again. Its pretty clear Mat is a Hero so theres no reason Nynaeve or someone couldnt pull the Birgitte thing on him.

Im not saying I think all that will happen-the only one I believe is Perrin dying at the Black Tower-but its easy to kill off a Ta'veren and have them fulfill their endgame purposes, be they during or after the Last Battle.

Im not saying I think all that will happen-the only one I believe is Perrin dying at the Black Tower-but its easy to kill off a Ta'veren and have them fulfill their endgame purposes, be they during or after the Last Battle.

Yeah, after the AS and their supposed Oaths, it seems like everything can have wiggle room.

But, the prophecies are generally very straightforward in hindsight.

Archived