DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Doctor Who Series 6

Emperor

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Community Administrator

My partner suspects that, but I don't see it myself. I mean if it is her then why does she look so different? Melody gave up all her regenerations, right? Unless it's a previous version... Ugh my head hurts. I hate regenerations/time travel.

No regeneration = got older... Much older.

World without the doctor? she could have reasonably got old and wrinkly.

I don't see how it's possible.

The trailer showed the usual River wearing the eyepatch. But we also know that River had lots of adventures with the Doctor. So what? They capture River while she's still in school, get her to kill the doctor, let her go, she goes on adventures with the doctor, and then finally SEMI DIES.

So then what? she gets a clone and memories transferred back into her? Then she goes to become eyepatch lady for the decades (we've seen current river wearing eyepatch, and seen old eyepatch lady, would assume she's sticks with it the entire time)? Bit convoluted.

I don't see how it's possible.

The trailer showed the usual River wearing the eyepatch. But we also know that River had lots of adventures with the Doctor. So what? They capture River while she's still in school, get her to kill the doctor, let her go, she goes on adventures with the doctor, and then finally SEMI DIES.

So then what? she gets a clone and memories transferred back into her? Then she goes to become eyepatch lady for the decades (we've seen current river wearing eyepatch, and seen old eyepatch lady, would assume she's sticks with it the entire time)? Bit convoluted.

How is it convoluted? She can no longer regenerate. She's stuck in that form, and will most likely grow old and eventually die. If she has an eyepatch its probably not a fashion statement, It is, most likely because she lost an eye that she can no longer Regenerate! Perhaps that eyepatch allows her vision? Or perhaps... Controls her?

Perhaps she becomes brain washed or controlled by this silence to 'kidnap her self' in the past to kill the doctor, and then later become 'brainwashed' to keep this time-cycle repeating, thusly keeping the doctor dead.

Uhh, you're forgetting all the adventures she will go on with the Doctor, and her death in the library.

From the teaser they showed, it looks like they kidnapped River when she got her Doctorate, which would be relatively early in her life (She's known as Doctor River Song when we first met her). She still has all those adventures to go on. That also leads to question how she escapes the Silence to go on those adventures.

Plus, a new body would have to have been cloned, then her mind taken from the library computer in order to have old eyepatch lady.

Hmm was expecting there to be more episodes oh well.

Hah, cool episode. Loved all the weird stuff mixed together at the start. I'm curious about the question/answer and how that would lead to destruction as River knows the answer so it can't be some metaphysical thing.

I don't think he told River. She said at the end that he lied about telling her, he just told her to look into his eye and she said he didn't tell her his name, which is the answer to the question.

That would be a valid question if there wasn't a scene near the end where River Song said that the Dr. lied, or the part where it showed the Dr. whispering, "Look into my eyes."

It's still a valid question since River WILL know the Doctor's name. The current episode River doesn't yet but will learn it eventually.

That would be a valid question if there wasn't a scene near the end where River Song said that the Dr. lied, or the part where it showed the Dr. whispering, "Look into my eyes."

I was referring to Silvers statement about the future River knowing the doctors real name and not the current river. I KNOW she doesn't actually know his name 'now', I saw the entire episode, and I saw the eye bit.

BTW just above my post is silvers response about him saying she knwos his name.

I understood that part. But we also know that she does eventually learn his name since she uses it to gain his trust in the Library episode

Loved the episode myself. I am glad they did not have an hour episode of him easily defeating the Silence. Obviously they will stick around for some time and that is great because I love them.

I am greatly intrigued by the question... and the answer. “Silence will fall when the oldest question is asked. The Question hidden in plain sight” Obviously the question is "Who is the Doctor" which is a great play on the show's title. I wonder if Silence Will Fall once we learn to answer means something in the show as well as the end of the series (silence for us the viewers). I mean once we know who the Doctor is... what more is there? Seems like a fitting end to the show.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

He just took on Sherlock Holmes' arch nemesis Moriarty in the most recent season of the BBC's "Sherlock". Now rising British star Benedict Cumberbatch could be jumping to the other side of the fence to play an arch nemesis himself - The Master.

The Daily Express has suggested the interesting rumour that Cumberbatch is being lined up to play the Time Lord villain opposite Matt Smith's The Doctor in time for the upcoming 50th anniversary of long-running sci-fi series "Doctor Who" next year.

The paper's so-called source claims "It’s fitting that the Doctor comes face to face with his ultimate enemy, The Master, for the 50th anniversary and it’s felt Benedict is the perfect choice if schedules can work. Fans will love the idea of the man who plays Sherlock Holmes taking on the Doctor’".

Both "Sherlock" and "Doctor Who" are produced by Steven Moffat so the suggestion is hardly left field, indeed Smith got the role of the current 11th Doctor after auditioning to play Dr. Watson in "Sherlock". It has also been previously suggested Cumberbatch was at one time considering playing The Doctor but opted out leading to Smith scoring the part.

"Life on Mars" star John Simm was the last person to play the role across five episodes in 2007 and 2009 and was last seen a little over two years ago in "The End of Time: Part II", the final adventure of the 10th Doctor (David Tennant) and Smith's first appearance on the show. The Master's final scene had him battling Rassilon (Timothy Dalton) and vanishing back into the Great Time War - his fate unknown.

If Cumberbatch takes on the part he would be the seventh different onscreen version we've seen of The Master following on from the likes of Simm and Derek Jacobi in the current series, Eric Roberts in the 90's TV movie, and Anthony Ainley, Roger Delgado and a rotting skeletal form portrayed by several actors throughout the classic 60's-80's series.

Archived