DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Can You See Me Now?

Guest TheEvilNeko

Guest TheEvilNeko

Hello, all you fellow Wheel of Time fans. I am Marian, twenty years old. I have been reading Wheel of Time for four or five years now. I was introduced to the series by my mother in 2006, who had in turn been given her books by her younger brother back when they first came into stores.

I read the prologue of Eye of the World and found it pretty amazing, but I did not actually read the whole book until a year later because I could not get into the story. Of course, now, I feel rather silly for making such an error in judgment, but back then... Oh, who knew what I was thinking.

In present days, my mother and I both are fanatical about the series. I know some people exaggerate when they say they are religious about something, but not so with us and this series. It has done much to influence the way that I live and think about life. In fact, I would go so far as to say it is one of the strongest influences on my personality. I realize it is somewhat silly to let a fantasy book series dominate my personality, but I find the characters so compelling and believable, and the sheer vastness of the world they live in to be somewhat of a bible for life. 'If life gives you problems, box a man on the ear and it will be all better'.

Welcome to Dragonmount, inspiring WoT addicts since 1862! (I did do my math right...right?)

But yes, Wheel of Time is...epic, to say the least. Hopefully, you will find a mini-home here among your fellow addicts. :laugh:

It has done much to influence the way that I live and think about life. In fact, I would go so far as to say it is one of the strongest influences on my personality. I realize it is somewhat silly to let a fantasy book series dominate my personality, but I find the characters so compelling and believable, and the sheer vastness of the world they live in to be somewhat of a bible for life. 'If life gives you problems, box a man on the ear and it will be all better'.

Absolutely and utterly true! Apart from the "it is somewhat silly" remark :unsure:

It's gotten to the point where I find it extremely difficult and highly uncomfortable to tell even the smallest lie. In fact, it took me a while to realise that I'd been practising the good old Aes Sedai habit of evasion without even thinking about it ... lol

So which characters and or groups in the WoT do you relate most closely with? (Or should that be "to"?)

Archived