DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Last Battle: Fighting the Dark one (spoilers)

NitroS

RJ: I have not abandoned this notion about a circle of thirteen Aes Sedai and thirteen Myrddraal can convert someone to the Shadow. It is not an easy situation to set up, in fact it's a very difficult situation to set up. It has to be worth the effort, you don't go to all of this effort to just convert anyone. In fact it might be better for your plans to manipulate someone against their will than as a willing ally.

They would go to the effort of converting only a few. Mezar, who is one of Logain's most powerful supporters (powerful in the OP aswell) he wont be easily 'manipulated', he is a staunch ally of Logain.

As for acting normal. Most of the Asha'man, even Taim's lackeys probably dont know that people are being turned. Also, Taim and co. are arrogant S.O.B's. They dont really care if anyone gets suspicious, they have much more power than Androl and co. they think they can just force their will upon them. As we see in ToM, what can they do? They cant stand up to Taim's men. They cant leave the Black Tower, cant travel because of D-S. They are trapped. When you have someone in prison, you dont have to act nice, you can do what you want.

Yea that could explain it, of course. It's partly what I ment in my original post, that many of the BT channelers may not be turned in the 13*13 way but that they are being manipulated by Taim. But then again, of course some of them could be turned.

I hadn't seen that post from RJ. Makes me wonder if he made up the answers as the questions came along or if he had it all figured out from the beginning? The way the books are picked apart and analyzed by thousands and thousands of fans, it's hard to bellieve he could have thought of all possible questions and complications.

RJ: I have not abandoned this notion about a circle of thirteen Aes Sedai and thirteen Myrddraal can convert someone to the Shadow. It is not an easy situation to set up, in fact it's a very difficult situation to set up. It has to be worth the effort, you don't go to all of this effort to just convert anyone. In fact it might be better for your plans to manipulate someone against their will than as a willing ally.

They would go to the effort of converting only a few. Mezar, who is one of Logain's most powerful supporters (powerful in the OP aswell) he wont be easily 'manipulated', he is a staunch ally of Logain.

As for acting normal. Most of the Asha'man, even Taim's lackeys probably dont know that people are being turned. Also, Taim and co. are arrogant S.O.B's. They dont really care if anyone gets suspicious, they have much more power than Androl and co. they think they can just force their will upon them. As we see in ToM, what can they do? They cant stand up to Taim's men. They cant leave the Black Tower, cant travel because of D-S. They are trapped. When you have someone in prison, you dont have to act nice, you can do what you want.

Yea that could explain it, of course. It's partly what I ment in my original post, that many of the BT channelers may not be turned in the 13*13 way but that they are being manipulated by Taim. But then again, of course some of them could be turned.

I hadn't seen that post from RJ. Makes me wonder if he made up the answers as the questions came along or if he had it all figured out from the beginning? The way the books are picked apart and analyzed by thousands and thousands of fans, it's hard to bellieve he could have thought of all possible questions and complications.

Ahh yeah, I see, you are correct, there are many manipulated by Taim. He purposely recruits men with dark dispositions (see Androl in ToM, he comments on this) so alot of them would be easily swayed to become DF, and most probably are already. But there is definitely 13x13 going on. I thought you were saying there wasnt. It is pretty clear that something akin to compulsion is going on with Mezar and Tarna. Brandon and RJ have said that 13x13 will play a part in it, that it is the gun on the wall (You see in the first scene, used in the 3rd). So its almost certain that they have been 13x13.

Yeaah, it does make you wonder. I would say that he had changed and made up new things as the series progressed, but he did have a LOT of notes. I'd say that the basic rules of the world/ channeling were set, and he just applied the rules to questions asked. (like learning a formula for Mathematics, once you know the basic principle, you can use it to answer harder questions)

Archived