DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

How does mat know?

moroten

Here's something that bugs me about the whole hanging deal. Just how did the 'finns pull it off? Could they walk out the arch, string him up, and then go back in? Or did they just sort of 'poof' him out, and there he was dangling on Avendesora? Perhaps some wierd form of compulsion they used to make him go out and hang himself?

Maybe it's the whole Taverene thing at work,,, the powers of the Light and the Wheel itself caused the entire chain of events to occur as they did inorder to Protect the Taverene and help him along on his Destined Mission to bring the Balance of the Wheel back into place,,, a Chain of events that if not having happened would have otherwise resulted in Mat's Death,,, or not

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, this is how I read what happened, not saying that this is actually how it happened, it's just how I reconcile it in my head...

The Eelfinn and Aelfinn live in a world (or worlds) that is somehow out of phase with ours but can still observe it in some way. This is what gives them their predictive powers; they can look at the pattern, or at least one thread in it from a slightly skewed angle. Assuming that they live outside of our space-time but can still perceive it in some way, it follows that they should be able to place a petitioner in any particular future space-time or location when they return the petitioner to our world.

So what does this have to do with anything? If you read the passage, Mat actually feels the noose go around his neck before he gets thrown back into our world. That being the case, I believe that they tied the rope around the Ashanderie, slipped the noose around Mat's neck and then placed him in the tree using the ability that I talked about above as a sort of backhanded way to grant his last wish: "to be out of here and back in Rhuidean". That would explain not only how he ended up there, but also how both he and Rand emerged from their separate adventures at about the same time.

The Eelfinn and Aelfinn live in a world (or worlds) that is somehow out of phase with ours but can still observe it in some way. This is what gives them their predictive powers; they can look at the pattern, or at least one thread in it from a slightly skewed angle. Assuming that they live outside of our space-time but can still perceive it in some way, it follows that they should be able to place a petitioner in any particular future space-time or location when they return the petitioner to our world.

On the other hand ,,, I believe the Eelfinn and Aelfinn univers's were entered into orriginally by someone using the Chaos Weave of BALEFIRE to bore a Hole to a new world ,,, that the Finn could have a Power to predict the Future for an individual is no great leap , after all we have fortune tellers in our world Palm Readers and in the Bible - Prophets

Archived