DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Hello, New Member

IMeMin

Hello

I'm fairly new to the Wheel of Time, but I just finished ToM the other day and now I figured I wanted to come here. I'm not as diehard a fan as many, of course, but I found myself continually intrigued as I kept reading Books 1-13. When it comes to sci-fi/fantasy, I suppose my true love will always be Star Wars, but in the last few years I've become more of a fantasy reader.

IMeMin

Welcome to the Mount!

Its good to see a new face around here! More so one that has just gotten into the series, since freash blood freash meat <Cough> new faces are always a sight to behold!

Dont worry about not being as die-hard as others, not everyone can be an absolute die-hard, I am sure you will enjoy the forums just the same, perhaps more so when you get to see the crazy theories that float around here xD

If you have any questions, I am the person to ask! Feel free to start a conversation with me, or ask them here, and i shall respond asap with my best answer!

Until then, have fun Storming the Mount!

Thanks. I've already done a little bit of browsing on the General Discussion board, though only in the last few days since I wanted to finish reading the books first. I can definitely tell there are varying degrees of fandom. I expect it'll be interesting for me since I'm used to it being the other way around when I go to Star Wars sites and you get the occasional person who isn't even all that familiar with the movies. At any rate, I've also already discovered there's a certain love-hate thing people seem to have with Robert Jordan. For me both love and hate are too strong words, but I've experienced getting blown away by a great epic story part of the time while other times just being awfully confused and not being able to keep track of everything (and sometimes, that might be more Jordan than me causing the problem?) At any rate there's obviously all sorts of stuff to talk about on the boards.

Welcome to DM! :biggrin:

I won't say I "hate" Jordan. I enjoyed the series first up, then it went through a huge lull in the middle where I felt not a lot happpened, and it's only books 11 and 12 that have sparked my interest again (I haven't read 13 yet). As a result, I explored other authors, and I feel there are better writers out there than Jordan. While WoT is epic, I do sometimes think it is too epic.

Enough of my moan! Enjoy browsing the site. There is plenty to see and do here. If you get stuck, lost or confused, then don't hesitate to ask us and we will help you out with some recommendations!

i wasnt either when joining, years of membership in dm and rping been partial to shaping my love for the series, without it i likely wouldnt reread or read into the finer details of it

dont stop at the top of the site, check out the rp as well, it might seem a lot to begin with i know i liked reading the rps to begin with but the rest all seemed a bit much, untill i wandered into an old chat thats now long gone, got too know some members and chated with them...then i was sort of sold and have been since

Lii

Archived