DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Who were the male dreadlords at Maradon?

MichaelOfTheWhite

That's a good catch. I never thought about the weak channeling working the portal stones. I just thought portal stones were being used to explain where all of these millions of trollocs are coming from.

There is no way they could reproduce so quickly or live so well in the blight, so portal stones is a great way to bring countless into Randland.

We already know of one mirror world that was taken over by shadowspawn, so it's an easy explaination.

However, why a weak channeler? Maybe it's a weak male bonded with a strong female, and that's why the ashamen only felt a weak channeler. Maybe Grendal needed some help from an ashamen for some reason.

I was really disappointed that we didn't see how Perrin's group won that fight. I thought we'd see a nice Ashamen fight.

As discussed in other threads, the Ashaman could not judge the dark channelers strength because they could only sense the power that was needed to travel back to the alternate world.

That's a good catch. I never thought about the weak channeling working the portal stones. I just thought portal stones were being used to explain where all of these millions of trollocs are coming from.

There is no way they could reproduce so quickly or live so well in the blight, so portal stones is a great way to bring countless into Randland.

We already know of one mirror world that was taken over by shadowspawn, so it's an easy explaination.

However, why a weak channeler? Maybe it's a weak male bonded with a strong female, and that's why the ashamen only felt a weak channeler. Maybe Grendal needed some help from an ashamen for some reason.

I was really disappointed that we didn't see how Perrin's group won that fight. I thought we'd see a nice Ashamen fight.

As discussed in other threads, the Ashaman could not judge the dark channelers strength because they could only sense the power that was needed to travel back to the alternate world.

Weak channeling won't take someone anywhere, according to use of the portal stones we've seen and what was quoted from different sources, both from Selene (Lanfear) and the scraps of pages Loial read in his being tutored. Later Verin kind of backs it up that only the strongest of channelers could use them as well when Rand flashes them to Toman Head only much later than hoped. Unless like Androl in the Black Tower, they are using weak channelers or the same channeler who has a talent using portal stones.

Archived