DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Yo!

A.H.

Personally, I think boys and girls are about the same difficulty at either age. They just have different challenges depending on personality more than gender. (My goddaughter was a drama-queen from birth. She could cry for 3 hours if she didn't want to go to bed. Though she's grown out of that. She learned quickly that I'm much harder to guilt than her own mother. :wink: But my best-friend's-daughter-might-as-well-be-my-niece is probably one of the most mature and self-sufficient young ladies I've ever met, and has been since she was about seven - almost 12 now.)

Most people tell me my son is a darling. He's sweet, considerate, artistic, energetic (and stubborn and opinionated! And clever...though that's a double-edged sword). He's also much nicer to other people and less disgusting than most of the boys in his class. And that's in Kindergarten. He's already more mature and knows more than anyone else in his grade (and is a good bit taller), even though he's the absolute youngest. You'd think he was a 2nd or 3rd grader if you didn't know he was five. (I've had people make that mistake).

I'm just glad he's not in any hurry to grow up! He just wants to be old enough to go to summer camp. :biggrin:

We don't hjave summer Camp here, but I'm sure my daughter would love to do that, lol.

But I totally agree, each child is different. Mine has always been strong willed from the moment she was born, and she threw tantrums, fortunately they didn't last long. But she is quite strong, though sometimes can be very sensitive. The thing I have found, is that some girls can be so nasty. I know that girls can be horrible at times, but the things some of the girls say to her are awful, we just never said things like that when I was young! Anything to upset her and unfortunately she wears her heart on her sleeve. But they will say things about me, about her dad (who she doesn't see...his choice), as well of other things...sheesh!

Well actually Amadine they are initials just not my real ones. Although they do correspond to how I'm most described. :biggrin:

And Corki,dude, just wait. We can tell you all the horror stories that you'll listen to,but when it comes down to it..........you get your own unique blend of craziness to deal with.

So have you never been to summer camp Talya?

no I haven't, we don't have it over here...Which is such a shame, i would have loved it when I was younger and I know my daughter would. She does do a build a musical Weel, but it goes from 10am to 4om for 5 days, with a show at the end, and thats as far as it goes...

Just wait Corki, I'll be sure to give you ALL the horror stories, lol

Well damn Talya, that sux. I didn't get to go to all that many summer camps; but the few I did go to, I remember very fondly. I really can't wait until my kids are old enough for it. Plus it's a great break for the parents.

Oh I dream of having a break for a week... :wink:

I wish we did have things like that over here, if there is, they aren't well publicised and I imagine not cheap. I just know that she would love to go to one of these camps, I also know that if sdhe had her way we would have moved to the States by now, lol

A very beautiful place. I wouldn't mind that one myself. It's funny, but one of my customers says that coming here with his family is the worst thing he has ever done. It's still a decent place though. I guess I can't complain, although i really want to move closer to the mountains.

Thats great. Mine likes to ball up her tiny little fists and shake her whole body like shes about to explode. It makes me laugh every time.

My son does something like that - balls up his fists ("fistes", he says) and scrunches up his face.

Hey Kivam, those really are some cute kids. I love some of the actions and reactions that they show. Last night we ate ribs and my youngest had one in both hands and was shaking her head like an animal. I almost choked because she was so funny looking.

Archived