DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Books you loved as a kid

JenniferL

Loved Jack London as a kid, still do I guess. Just haven't read him in a long time. Also, anything to do with animals. Got a subscription to Zoobooks in 1st grade and to Childcraft Encyclopedias. I wore those babies out. Our school library was set up with a K-1 section, 2-3, and 4-5 grades. I was reading in the 4-5 grade section in 2nd grade. Waited until 5th to tackle Last of the Mohicans. Always been a good reader, but the writing and most definitely the spelling could use some work (Thank God for Spellcheck!!!)

Got sucked into the world of fantasy at the age of 11 by a small boy with sandy blonde hair...named Garion.

aww! I love the Belgariad (and hte Malloreon)! that series and Lotr was the series that really got me hooked on Fantasy!

and I have one fav book, that I loved when I was a kind, and still love. I'm pretty sure I can recite it from cover to cover! (well, I kinda have to since the first four pages of the books is missing) and I cry and cry everytime I read it. It's The Outsiders by Susan E. Hinton.

I dotn knwo why I love that book so much. its not even fantasy, lol, but I jsut do! *sighs* I had such a crush on Soda when I was younger.. *dreams*

Ohh! I love Eric Carle's picture books. There was an infant at the child development center I used to work at that had a "VEry Hungry Caterpiller" onesie. The caterpiller wrapped around his body and the back said "But he was still hungry..." Most. Adorable Thing. Ever!

I also still love Mercer Mayer books. Little Critter is awesome. When ever I see a lower grade student reading a new one at school, I make them sit down and read it to me. The illustrations are hilarious.

Archived