DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Super Bowl Music

Corki

Well, I have to say that I haven't been that impressed by the music at the Super Bowl.

The Glee singer wasn't great.

Christina sounded like a strangled cat.

Black Eyed Peas were reasonable though. Good mix of their songs. Was Fergie's microphone working all the time?

Slash was probably there just for the money!

Usher was a waste of space.

Impressive fluorescent lights for the dancers. Guessing Tron was an influence...

I agree. Only thing worse is seeing too much of Janet Jackson or the crotch shot of Springsteen.

Christina was terrible. Besides forgetting the lyrics to the NATIONAL ANTHEM, she totally crucified it. National Anthems are meant to glorify the nation, not the singer. Then she compensated by over-singing everything after her screw-up.

Slash was very un-inspiring too. Black-Eyed Peas sound very much like they rely on being in a recording studio to sound good, and a sound tech needs to get fired for not turing on her mic until it was painfully obvious.

Never a fan of superbowl halftime shows, but this one dissappointed because I actually (mistakenly) expected it to be a good one.

I thought the black eyed peas were absolutely terrible and at least Usher was semi-entertaining with his dance moves. I missed the Glee singer and Christina. I imagine Slash was asked to play guitar and was like, "sure, what the hell" and went on to shred and collect his paycheck. Honestly, he was probably the best performer I saw.

Oh dear, Christina!

LINK: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-12378790

Christina Aguilera fluffed a line of the Star-Spangled banner as she belted out a version of the US national anthem to open Sunday's Super Bowl in Texas.

The singer, 30, should have sung: "O'er the ramparts we watched, were so gallantly streaming?" but repeated an earlier line with a slight variation.

She sang: "What so proudly we watched at the twilight's last gleaming."

The anthem is one of the set piece events of the glittering Super Bowl pre-game ceremony.

Aguilera's mistake immediately set social networks abuzz with chatter. Her representative could not immediately be reached for comment.

Controversy

The NFL final - which was this year contested by the Green Bay Packers and the Pittsburgh Steelers - is one of the most-watched programmes in US television.

Last year it drew a record 106.5 million viewers.

The half-time show of Super Bowl in 2004 created controversy when Justin Timberlake ripped a piece of Janet Jackson's top, resulting in a glimpse of her right breast.

The pair said the incident was accidental, calling it a "wardrobe malfunction", but broadcaster CBS TV was fined $550,000 (£351,000) after hundreds of complaints from viewers.

The fine was subsequently revoked in July 2008.

Who really cares to much about the half time show. Its all about the game!

National Anthems are nearly always rubbish when sang by a pop singer as they always try to make it dramatic and fail at it every time. They should just get a singer and tell them to sing it normally!

Then again, most the time I here our national anthem it is being sung by 30,000 + drunk Englishmen...

National Anthems are nearly always rubbish when sang by a pop singer as they always try to make it dramatic and fail at it every time. They should just get a singer and tell them to sing it normally!

Amen! It is painfully obvious when the singer is more concerned about their rendition glorifying themselves more than the country they supposedly are honoring.

Amen! It is painfully obvious when the singer is more concerned about their rendition glorifying themselves more than the country they supposedly are honoring.

Maybe she was just stressed. Singing the national anthem at a thing like Superbowl is a big thing right?

I don't feel sorry for her... her aweful rendition was rehearsed even if the lyrics weren't. If she had actually tried to sing the National Anthem in a way less disrespectful, I would feel more sorry for her. (Though screaming through the words certainly doesn't help). She is a professional, and while stress can maybe be an excuse for the words, she has no excuse for her aweful rendition of the melody.

If you want an example of a mess-up that can be forgiven, consider this classic. Making it even more memorable was that the coach was for a team that had such poor reputations that even though they were called the "Trail Blazers," their fan nickname was "Jail Blazers," so his act of class was even more appreciated.

I think Lea Michele (Rachel from Glee) is a good singer, but too broadway, though it was ~interesting~ with the players putting their hands over their hearts for America the Beautiful--- that's NOT the National Anthem.

I totally missed the actual Anthem because the family talked over it- WHAT? So I didn't catch the messed up lyrics until I saw it online. *likes to judge people*

Uhh... the best part of the half time show was the pretty lights? hahaha

Aww I feel sorry for those girls... I understand nerves and messing up the words, but Christina is a singer, she should be able to sing the National Anthem!

Archived