DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Help with Hearts!

Kathleen

I'm going to be working on the info thread in a little while and I'm looking for some help and input. I'm wondering how we want to work our Hearts. We had some in the making before and I'm wondering if you would like to keep the ones you have, or start over with new ones. I know a lot of memebers are gone now so it may make it hard for you to play with your Heart if the members are no longer here.

There are a few options and individuals can do it different ways, so please post which you would like.

1. Stay with the Heart you are in if you were in one already (if its different from the list in the info thread please name the people you want in your Heart now)

2. Make up NSW characters for your other Heart Members, submit your bio's and I'll record your members so that you can play with them in the future.

3. I can set you up in Hearts based on the active members we have as they become active.

Also outside of the 3 person heart you know one person that the others don't. Please let me know who your one person is so I can have it on file.

You can also choose to wait until we have more active members if you want to wait please let me know and I'll clear out the old.

If you don't post here or PM me I will leave the Hearts that are mentioned in the info thread as they are and pair new members together if I can.

Mmm, feel free to reorganize it however you wish. I would definitely suggest, however, that those who are actually active be paired up together for y'know... the fact it would make sense. I'm not too worried about being paired up with an active Heart, insomuch that I have not had the time/brain power to flesh out where Raeyn is (Saldaea, probably) or what she's doing (idea dust, but nothing concrete).

Whelp I only have a few notes.

Kate will eventually be BA. She already knows Raeyn is BA - figuring it out being her mother's Aes Sedai after all. While not 100% certain she would be making that Assumption. Someone either Alicatia (or your new Black Kathleen) need to pull her in once she's raised to the shawl, as she is a known darkfriend.

I don't care who's in Alicatia's heart. I'd assume someone pulled Alicatia in as well I never named names, so don't know how you'd work that.

The whole heat thing has always made me curious as no one ever really does much with it.

Mat

What always confused me about the Hearts (and what could be an issue here) is that I don't see how it could work. I mean, if you have your heart, you know 2 other people who know each other, then you know one person out of your heart, who is in another. Up to that it makes sense, but then how do we all recruit? Even saying that the one you know out side of your heart is someone you bring in (very hard to actually accomplish), than you can only bring in one person. It just doesn't make sense to me.

I don't want to put that kind of pressure on us because I like it being open to let everyone play with everyone and let anyone be able to bring in anyone at least until (if we ever) get enough for the full council and a lot more Sisters. Then we could look into possibly having the council being the only ones to bring in new girls and putting them into hearts and stuff (which may be the way they do it in the books.)

I would like to have something set up, and I don't really know the best way to do it. I don't want people stuck with people who aren't around and then can't play with others, but the hearts are such a big part of the BA I'd like to have them figured out and incorporated here. I'm assuming the Council knows others in the council and their own hearts, but that would be it. Possibly the Head would know everyone in the Ajah and the way the hearts are broken up (but I wouldn't put it past the Great Lord/Forsaken to not even let that happen). I mean, if the Head gets caught that would be the whole Ajah in jeopardy.

I'm thinking we have the Hearts set up and then our member's can still interact with others, if you want to keep a mask on or keep hidden or something interacting as a black with others not in your heart that could be set up. Having the Hearts could lead to more RPs in the sense that you get two or three active people in one Heart to do missions together, or exchange info or plot things. I know we can all do this together, but like I said because its so big in the books I want to try to find a way to incorporate it here but not hinder our ability to play freely as we wish.

Presumably, they know how to leave messages that will eventually make it up to the Supreme Council, even if we don't know the mechanism. But the heart system makes sense for safety's sake - there are only so many people you can betray. I guess we could figure out what the best use of messaging system is and how to best utilise it.

Also, I should add for the moment that my desktop has gone boom on me, so I'm stuck on the laptop alone. This means that I'm off hiding in the Sims to keep my brain sane, which means that I'm not writing much... ah well. xD

how do you recruit, many ways, and the great lord always know who is in his service

of course if you recruit someone thats knowledge outside your heart, but thats not to give you know everyone in their heart again, or the council could pull new members in, and through darkfriends who are not channelers, through demandred for those really old at least some likely, or his nettwork and so on and forth

http://www.dragonmount.com/forums/topic/14703-becoming-part-of-the-ajah-and-other-tradition-sugestions/ also in there read that, amongst other there is a black hand signal, which is out of the book, which means there is a way for two black sisters who dont know about eachother to confirm they are both black and thus learn about eachother

the system is set up for safety, but its not infaliable, just like while an ajah head is suposed to be secret, another ajahs head sometimes figure out who it is