DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Gathering Storm or Towers of Midnight

Crael123

TGS vs TOM   

98 members have voted

1. 1. which was better

Definintely TGS. ToM was still enjoyable but it felt a bit rushed towards the end which kind of detracted from it's awesomeness for me. I really enjoyed the storylines in TGS and thought it was just generally paced better. Along with FoH it's one of my favourite in the series for sure.

I liked them both, but I really can't pick between the two. They were really just two halves of the same book. AMOL will probably be the same way. This is completely understandable because the final three books were supposed to be just one. They've just been split up at convenient stopping points with a couple of obvious cliffhangers thrown in to make them appear more episodic.

There's only one way to find out - FIGHT!

I just imagined book Cage Fighting. LOL.

lol, i don't think you have seen harry hill's T.V burp then.. :laugh:

i really could imaging harry doing that fight and having the two books (as in people dressed as ToM and TGS costumes) come out of the doors and start fighting :happy:

I liked The Gathering Storm better, but perhaps that's because I prefer dark books. The first 3/4 of Towers of Midnight didn't seem very dark to me, and I couldn't understand Brandon's comment to the contrary. The end got darker, but the tone up to that point was pretty lighthearted for a WoT book.

I did enjoy the Perrin storyline, and didn't find it too drawn out. I didn't care for the Elayne and Mat segments. The Towers of Genjei scene coming at the end and being so rushed was disappointing. (Yes, I know Robert Jordan wrote it.) The Aviendha scenes were all very good. I like Gawyn too. Didn't care for Egwene. I greatly missed have Rand point of views.

TOwers of Midnight needed to end with some kind of giant cliffhanger, but it just didn't. Maybe if the Black Tower plotline had been advanced further?

Both books may have worked better if the stories had been done chronogically rather than by plot, but I understand that would have created lots of problems in the splitting up of the books.

Archived