DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[s]Goal: 100,000 New Goal: 200,000[/s] New Goal: 250.000

Toy and Minion

My sister auditioned for the Iowa All-State Chorus today, which is really hard to get into....

She just called to figure out what she was doing for a ride home (she's open enrolled in a farther school district, but she was hoping to be able to ride back into town with the school district we live in) and I asked her if she made it...

SHE WON'T TELL ME!!!! She said I'll find out when she gets back, and I told her she had to tell me, and she said "bye," and hung up!!!

• Replies 237.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Smiley73

• Crimson_Ayla

• Nyanna al'Meara

• mmeeshal

did she sound happy?

Well, that's the thing. She did sound like she was in a good mood, so my initial reaction was to think that she must have made it. And she wants to be dramatic with it, so that's another plus for the "she made it" theory.

However, she has learned to be a little more humble during this school year, since she's now attending school with people who are further along in their studies than she is, and who have worked as hard as she has at stuff, for longer, and are consequently at a higher caliber than she is. She's learned to be excited for other people's successes, too.

All-State is hard, so I don't think she was expecting to make it in (this year, anyway)...so if she didn't, she wouldn't be too disappointed, and if a friend or two made it, she would be happy for them.

So I am torn on what to think. :laugh:

Apparently she didn't make it, and now she's irritated that Mom was planning on going to her play, and she's on a self-pity streak right now.

"I didn't make it because I suck," and "I don't even want to go to my play, because I'm gonna do terrible."

So I don't know what her good mood was about. XD

I'll tell her that she has a bunch of supporters, thanks. :laugh:

I mean, it's not exactly uncommon for people not to make it. There are some really talented people I've known that tried out 4 years and only made it their last year of high school. So as long as she doesn't give up, I'm sure she'll make it before she graduates. :biggrin:

Haha, I can never smell when something's burning until it's on fire. Charcoal cookies. XD

Grrr....I hate how it always seems like, when you're trying to type up a positive, meaningful message...whether it's a post, PM, status update, email, whatever.... And you're in the middle of typing it, and you have this really great feeling and inspiration is rushing into your head, and then someone (a family member, friend, random stranger, ex-boyfriend, whatever) decides, right then, to pick a fight with you, or insult you, or otherwise do something to damage your good mood.

And then, now that you've been thoroughly crushed, you turn back to the message you were trying to write....and you've just LOST it. You can't phrase things nicely anymore, you just want to sit down and cry and say life sucks, or else punch someone in the face....

Why does this happen so often?

Yeah okay.. well .. that was pretty much a given :P I meant like just a lil bit like slightly burnt beans is good stuff.

Yeah, I think if I'm eating ground beef on tacos, I'll eat it burnt as well as maybe somewhat undercooked... >.> I've developed a taste for burnt marshmallows, and hot dogs burnt aren't bad. Definitely get where you're coming from. :laugh: