• Replies 237.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Smiley73

• Crimson_Ayla

• Nyanna al'Meara

• mmeeshal

And then he randomly remembered part of a little rhyme-thing I made up ages ago and used to sing to him.... He had to have been no more than a year old when I made it up.... But I did sing it a lot. XD

But he only remembered part of it...so I just taught the rest of it to him. And it's all about him, so he was a little shy and grinny when he was singing it back to me. XD I asked him if he was gonna go sing it to everyone else and he said, "No, just the people who can sing it to me." :laugh:

I think there was one quote I saw...something about how nothing seems to change from day to day, but when you look back, everything's different. And that's not ALWAYS true, but in general....it seems to match up with my life experience. XD I can't ever really put my finger on too many events that have shaped me in drastic ways...sure, I can find some events that marked a change in paths, but...nothing that I could say "This was when everything changed." Changes...they can take time.

Mmhmm.... I can find things that inspired me to change...and some of those changes I was inspired to make...I'm still working on. XD But...yeah...I think from about the time you turn...oh...let's call it 12...till about...um....25? There are SO many opportunities for change. Those opportunities aren't nonexistent and don't go away before and after, but it seems like that's the time in our lives when change is so abundant...so many things we do impact so much of our lives, and who we are.

Thanks! :happy:

I think I used an excessive amount of ellipses, but ah well, can't be helped. XD

I think it's a nice message, though...when I was in high school, I often got the impression that if I didn't make the right choices NOW, I'd be totally messed up for the rest of my life.

And that can happen, yeah. But it's definitely a mistake to assume you're done putting yourself on a path after you graduate. I think high school is more about finding a general direction, and then beyond that is where you actually start looking for a path.