DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Why don't the Asha'men test and Create their own Aes 'Sedai

CrazyMike

• 1 month later...

Both the WT and BT will be destroyed with time. Sunken into nothingness with the loss of Sadin and Sadiar.(to humans anyway) After the "discovery" of the power, the Hall of Servants will be rebuilt once again. Though the wheel spins in a circular motion there is no way to tell if EVERYTHING will be the same.

Oh and there cannot be a billion trollocks. The blight is weak in Seandar and tarwins gap is where the big battles in the borderlands occur. I agree with the assumption that there is not enough room to accomidate that many trollocks. I cant see there being more than a few million anyway. If there is a billion, power or no...we are boned! :lol:

I'm sorry, but Seandar is a city in Seanchan, and Tarwins gap is a break in the moutains... how is the blight weak in either place? And what does that have to do with proliferation of trollocs? And why would the Last Battle have anything to do with Seandar?

I abandon my use of Tarwins Gap. Originally I guess I thought of it as the border of the blight, however after skimming TEOTW I was wrong. My bad. Without a load of Trollocks in Seanchan all we count is the blight in Randland. The point I was making is how it is not possible for there to be 1 billion trollocks. I said a few mil as my guess. However shall we put this to rest for the sake of the topic here. I think I did all I could do on that.

Whilst the existence of a billion trollocs is unsustainable, the blight is not just above Randland, but above Shara and the Waste also. Altogether is represents a massive ecosystem teeming with life... more then enough to sustain a large Trolloc population.

Hence my revocation of the use of Tarwins Gap. Actually that aint the reason but in TEOTW they just kinda entered the blight and if the Gap was some central entrance then they would defend it 24/7. So I took that part away. Please are we done now Luckers!!!! I cant type much longer! Cant we be pals? :?

Also the thread is different if you REALLY REALLY want to argue gimmie the link for your Trollock thread and argue we may, though I dont really want to.

Back on subject,,, even tho I still say Billions of Trolics,,, I believe the BLACK TOWER could get away with creating their own Aes Sedai,,, However, they could make it a voluntary thing ,,, Test the women, and, when a woman is found to be able to channel they ask her if she wants to Join the boys at the BT,,, if the woman says yes then she is trained to channel and matched with an Asha'man ,,, if she does not want to be bound to an Asha'man then she is sent to Elayne in Caemlyn ...

Since it is all voluntary there should be no problem,,, also the Aes Sedai could test and train men the same way, and they could test and train their own Warders...

In NEW SPRING , Moraine is checking on men who are extremly LUCKY,,, such luck being a sign of the ability to be trained to channel,,, the luckier a man is the more likely he can be trained to channel and the WARDERS are very lucky men...

"al'Lan Mandragoran" is EXTREMELY LUCKY,,, as it says in NEW SPRING , and more than likely he could be trained to Channel...

• 2 years later...

This thread frightens me. I know its bad, but I have to refute this

1. No, there are not billions of Trollocs. Infrastructure to keep them alive does not exist.

2. There is not a cryonics facility at Shayol Ghul keeping Trollocs in deep freeze for Tarmon Gai'don.

3. No, the idea of the Black Tower raising female channeler Aes Sedai is just stupid. Why would they bother in the first place? They would go the White Tower by default. Also, the methods you describe sound like slavery.

4. Oh. And Tower Law prohibits people to masquerade as Aes Sedai when they aren't affiliated with the White Tower. So no, they wouldn't get away with it. The White Tower would start arresting all of the Black Tower "Aes Sedai", birch them, then put them in Novice dresses and make them work for the shawl the legal way.

5. Lan cannot channel. Your claim that he can frightens me.

In NEW SPRING , Moraine is checking on men who are extremly LUCKY,,, such luck being a sign of the ability to be trained to channel,,, the luckier a man is the more likely he can be trained to channel and the WARDERS are very lucky men...

"al'Lan Mandragoran" is EXTREMELY LUCKY,,, as it says in NEW SPRING , and more than likely he could be trained to Channel...

IIRC, it was more importantly Cadsuane who was searching for lucky men, rooting out male channlers in general....

Where does it say Warders are lucky men? Besides the fact that they are under the command of high-nosed b*$%!es of courses ::)

IIRC (again) Lan was only thought to be lucky, as he survived a bad fall down a stairs....there was something more to that though.

Archived