DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

if the male power was tainted by touching the dark one...

maglinvinn

I didn't mean that he actually helped write it...I misspoke theere...I meant that the backstories and information given about the AoL and other aspects at the beginning of the book, was basedon information given to them by RJ........It was RJ that gave them the definitions they used for the True Power.

Could you supply a reference? I'm curious to check it out myself.

Guest Teddyholden

I may be completely wrong here and would like someone to let me know if I am. Would it be possible for them to use one of the Forsaken (Moridin) to "bridge the gap"? If the weave was used on him while he held the True Source (Or maybe some crazy way through the link) would that effectively bridge the gap? I'm just throwing it out there to see what others think.

Oh, it's unlikely all right:

A Crown of Swords book tour 9 October 1996, Dunwoody, GA - Erica Sadun reporting

Q: New Dreadlords? Via True Power? What are limits of True Power? When did we see it used before?

RJ: Access to the True Power is a matter of wanting it and the Dark One letting you. NOT black cords. In Prologue to The Eye of the World, we saw Ishamael use the True Power to Heal insanity. The One Power can not be used to Heal insanity. True Power used at Shayol Ghul will fry you instantly.

About that... not going to anything too specific since this isn't the spoiler board, but that's not quite what happens in ToM. :myrddraal:

If I sin and go to the Sacrament of Confession, one of the prerequisite of forgiveness is an affirmation to not sin again. Or at least to try hard has hell not to do so again. To do otherwise would be to presume on God's mercy. I cannot sin and go to Confession with the intention of carrying on my sin and expect forgiveness.

I think this also applies to Rand. On Dragonmount he had a choice to make between the Light and the Shadow. He chose the Light. He was given various benefits for that. One being his protection from the madness as an example. We can say like the forgiven sinner, he has entered a state of grace. In his turning to the Light, like the penitent seeking forgiveness, he had to make a firm declaration of his rejection of the Shadow, like the penitent rejects sin. However, after receiving that forgiveness, in Rand's case the Light, he cannot then sin, in Rand's case contact with the Shadow, and expect to remain in a state of grace, in Rand's case he cannot expect to remain one with the Pattern in a positive manner.

To commit a mortal sin would be to reject God. There is no grey area, it's black and white, and I think it's the same with Rand. He cannot embrace both the Light and the Shadow. There has to be an either-or. Sin is an objective thing. It's objectively offensive to the dignity of God. The True Power is also an objective force. It is objectively anathema to the Light. Rand cannot willingly welcome contact with this evil to his soul.

A Crown of Swords book tour 9 October 1996, Dunwoody, GA - Erica Sadun reporting

Q: New Dreadlords? Via True Power? What are limits of True Power? When did we see it used before?

RJ: Access to the True Power is a matter of wanting it and the Dark One letting you. NOT black cords. In Prologue to The Eye of the World, we saw Ishamael use the True Power to Heal insanity. The One Power can not be used to Heal insanity. True Power used at Shayol Ghul will fry you instantly.

About that... not going to anything too specific since this isn't the spoiler board, but that's not quite what happens in ToM. :myrddraal:

Someone channels TP in SG?

Uh, yeah...what you imply didn't happen at all.

Archived