DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

RP Ideas

Grimmlocke

So, I was just brainstorming ideas to Wayward and he told me to post a thread about it. So, here we go.

The aftermath from the Purge of the Black Tower doesn't have to end. There can always be renegade Asha'man hunts. A team of Asha'man and Dedicated are assembled to hunt down and eliminate renegades hiding out in villages and towns, perhaps waiting to get picked up by Dreadlord recruiters.

Speaking of Dreadlord recruiters, how about a recruiter fight? An Asha'man recruiter comes to a village only to be attacked by a Darkfriend that already happens to be in the village for the same reason? Or maybe the village elders require them to debate to decide where the town's Male channelers go, if they're a particularly evil bunch?

How about Dragkhars attacking the BT, hoping that they can take out a significant number of Asha'man and Asha'man in training before the Tower is finished or before the Last Battle?

Maybe a good old-fashioned duck hunt? Well, almost old-fashioned. Air Weaves only, kids! Learn to use your weaknesses!

Maybe we could hear about the strange, black, double bracleted collar in Tanchico? Maybe we go there to see if there are any Male Ter'Angreal, only to come across the Male A'dam? Bad times indeed for the men of the Black Tower. Do we take it by force? Do we bargain with the Taraboners? The only reasonable course is to have it destroyed, of course, before the White Tower hears about what it can do.

Maybe we come across an insane, yet still alive Male Channeler in the Mountains of Mist. A crazy man could live out there a long time, perhaps accompanied by a whole retinue of imaginary servants. Maybe he channels to move things around, yet imagines his servants performing the action. Like, lighting a fire, or chopping down a tree.

EDIT: An idea related to the one above. Maybe a bubble of evil drives a group of Asha'man out on a mission insane and the BT puts together a team to put down their maddened brethren?

Perhaps we can have a field trip to Shadar Logoth, only in the day, of course. Or maybe we can stake out a rabbit or something and watch what happens when Mashadar touches it?

I had another idea, but I gave it away. I'll post it here if it isn't used.

EDIT: Found out they won't be using my other idea, so here it is: Crazy Darkfriend Village!

Why not an entire village not on any map and preferably far from civilization where every member worships the Dark One? And if we're going that far, why not just make it super evil? Classes for children to learn the glories of the Dark One (and spy on their parents for weakness), eating a kidnapped and murdered outsider on feastdays, maybe harboring channeling Darkfriends?

In any case, I figure we could have some NPC come back with rumors of strange goings on in the area, possibly from people who were traveling in the area and lost a friend (eaten?). Overenthusiastic do-gooders that we are, the BT investigates. Needless to say, a massacre ensues. Whether it's because the Asha'man are so revolted by what they see, or if it's because they get attacked, or even if everyone just goes insane and starts gibbering...hmm, that's another idea.

Awww ... time to do some of my DL duties and shoot holes in your ideas.

:baalzamon:

BT purge? We have yet to do something like that. We don't even have any darkfriend characters here, so it would be a bit difficult. I am however in the early planning stages for such a thing. Stay tuned for details.

Recruiter fight ... maybe. But that would require COTS approval. And I can't imagine dreadlords have such an open recruiting process. Methinks they just sort through existing darkfriends, testing them for the ability.

However ... it might be interesting if we found them posing as BT representatives, then taking the poor fools they find and turning them 13X13 style ... hmmm ... I'll have to bring it up with the admins.

Drakghars ... no. I really doubt CotS would approve, since Drakghar are pretty valuable, and it would be insanely difficult to launch that kind of attack on 500-100 already paranoid male channelers. They would only get a few initial surprise kills, and then lose all their little shadowspawns.

Duck hunt. Woot! Have at it.

Male a'dam, AKA domination bands. Pretty important as far as the main story line goes. I don't think we can mess with those.

Shadar Logoth. Well ... if I have things my way, we'll be having a very nice little trip to Shadar Logoth in the near future anyway. If you catch my drift.

DF village. Probably needs CotS and/or Freelander approval, but I kind of like this. I'm all for the wholesale slaughter of not-so-innocent civilians.

The other problem with most of these, is that you'd need to be Dedicated rank. Except for the duck hunt and the Drakghar attack. But all in all, I likes the effort here. It's my job to poke holes in your ideas, but I like it when people come forward and present them.

*sulks* Spoilsport.

MMm... let's work on the DF village thing then shall we? Approval aside, we need to flesh it out THEN send in a proposal. Hopefully they'll be so confused by what we're proposing, they'll go ahead and approve it.

Awww ... time to do some of my DL duties and shoot holes in your ideas.

:baalzamon:

BT purge? We have yet to do something like that. We don't even have any darkfriend characters here, so it would be a bit difficult. I am however in the early planning stages for such a thing. Stay tuned for details.

Recruiter fight ... maybe. But that would require COTS approval. And I can't imagine dreadlords have such an open recruiting process. Methinks they just sort through existing darkfriends, testing them for the ability.

However ... it might be interesting if we found them posing as BT representatives, then taking the poor fools they find and turning them 13X13 style ... hmmm ... I'll have to bring it up with the admins.

Drakghars ... no. I really doubt CotS would approve, since Drakghar are pretty valuable, and it would be insanely difficult to launch that kind of attack on 500-100 already paranoid male channelers. They would only get a few initial surprise kills, and then lose all their little shadowspawns.

Duck hunt. Woot! Have at it.

Male a'dam, AKA domination bands. Pretty important as far as the main story line goes. I don't think we can mess with those.

Shadar Logoth. Well ... if I have things my way, we'll be having a very nice little trip to Shadar Logoth in the near future anyway. If you catch my drift.

DF village. Probably needs CotS and/or Freelander approval, but I kind of like this. I'm all for the wholesale slaughter of not-so-innocent civilians.

The other problem with most of these, is that you'd need to be Dedicated rank. Except for the duck hunt and the Drakghar attack. But all in all, I likes the effort here. It's my job to poke holes in your ideas, but I like it when people come forward and present them.