DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Is it me?

amaranth

There are so many great reviews of this book, but for some reason, I'm having a difficult time getting into it. I'm at page 175. The last book was amazing, but up to this point, I keep getting snagged up on weird wording and this takes me out of the story. Has this happened to anyone else? I'm pretty certain this is an editing issue and I hope TOR puts a little more effort in editing the next book.

When the reviews were written, most likely the last things they'd read were towards the end of the book unless they did some wild skipping around. They are positive reviews for good reason, and by the time you're done reading you'll know what I (and the reviewers) mean. The last several hundred pages are chock full of page-turning events.

I did notice some typos, but the way that I read sometimes skims over many such things and I don't notice them. From what I've read there are more instances of these things in ToM than there were in TGS, unfortunately. Hopefully it won't dampen the experience for you enough to be disappointed in the story that is told.

Psssst. Legacy. Non-spoiler board. May want to edit the bit about REDACTED

I totally agree with you on the REDACTED and the REDACTED, though. That and a REDACTED or two really pulled me out of it for a bit.

Figured I should edit mine too.

Sent from my Droid X using Tapatalk

Psssst. Legacy. Non-spoiler board. May want to edit the bit about REDACTED

I totally agree with you on the REDACTED and the REDACTED, though. That and a REDACTED or two really pulled me out of it for a bit.

Figured I should edit mine too.

Sent from my Droid X using Tapatalk

Ooops, Thanks Cae!

Just deleted everything lol. Sorry for all that, spent the last couple of hours at work in the spoiler forum, forgot i jumped over...

Thanks again man

I've read a lot farther into the book. It has picked up and I'm enjoying it much more. Still, I have run into dozens of grammar errors. I'm so surprised that these got missed. I don't think I've seen this many errors in any WOT book. The editor in me wants to pick up a red pen and ink up my copy.

I agree with you amaranth, I've also found it difficult to get through the book, and I've noticed the grammatical errors, but those haven't like totally annoyed me. I've just found it difficult to get drawn into the story the way I normally am with these books. It seems easier to put this book down than others. I'm not sure why.

Archived