DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Meirin and Beidomon

Skull26

im not sure if they mentioned ( luckers may know... he has some serious WoT knowledge skillz) what happened to him... but i would assume he died or was killed rather early on. I mean come on.. the dude helped drill the bore to the DO (albeit unknowingly). Prolly pissed people off once they realized what was goin on

Beidomon was a male Aes Sedai, and a research genius, who believed that they were onto something great. The drilling of the Bore itself caused great damage, and Beidomon, Lanfear and others involved were blamed for that. Once it became clear what had actually happened, the opprobrium increased, and Beidomon sought obscurity, finally committing suicide when he was unable to achieve it. Everyone knew his name, and what he had done. He had nowhere to hide.

As an aside, for those who think that Lanfear was in some way twisted against her will by being involved in drilling the Bore---I have heard the theory advanced---of all those involved in the project, she was the only major figure to go over to the Shadow. She was ripe for the Shadow's plucking long before the Bore was drilled.

http://www.wotmania.com/faqtopic.asp?ID=152 (Questions from February 1st, 2005 - July 19th, 2005, Week 12)

Majsju covered it, let me add merely in support ....

When Rand went all Lews Therin-y on her in a couple of their conversations, he talked about how much she loved power etc. That is almost certainly why she went the the Shadow, AND it is why she chose to participate in the Bore project. But the surviving the Bore project was not the reason she went to the Shadow. Her love of power was the underlying cause of both.

No, she tried to disrupt the wedding, and then over the next year continued to harass LTT and Illyena. It was more then a year after the wedding that she declared herself a darkfriend in front of the Hall.

Thanks Maximus... im not certain i deserve such recognition, Maj for instance knows FAR more then i do. But thank you.

Archived