DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

13x13 Trick

Thanatos

Who says all aes sed know about it? If they did pevara would have figured it out

Did RJ say anything about healing the madness? If he said rafo then why not say rafo about this as well

The way it is told to whichever of the wondergirls it was implies that it is common knowledge among Aes Sedai.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I kinda got the opposite impression from what he said, that it'd be hard for one to turn back on one's own (for one thing, you wouldn't want to), implying that it's possible to Heal it, and we might get to see it happen.

Exactly, here is the quote...

Interview: Jul 19th, 2005

TOR Questions of the Week Part III (Verbatim)

Week 15 Question

When a channeler is forcibly turned to the Dark, is his/her former personality lost to eternity? Are they in a permanent state of mindless Compulsion? Furthermore, can a channeler forcibly turned to the Dark return to the Light unaided?

Robert Jordan

They are not in a mindless state of Compulsion. Their former personality is twisted, the darker elements that everyone has to some degree elevated while what might be called the good elements are largely suppressed. I don't mean things like courage, which is useful even to villains, but they are unlikely to be very charitable, for example, and forget any altruistic impulses. Call it being turned into a mirror image of yourself in many ways. It is very unlikely that a channeler forcibly turned to the Shadow could find a way back to the Light unaided. For one reason, by virtue of the twisting he or she had undergone, it is very unlikely that he or she would have any desire to do so.

As an aside it certainly is something all AS know about.

Sheriam would never risk telling Egwene about something no one knew about in the WT, but she could undersell how widespread the knowledge was (that's not something you'd call a lie, as there's no objective measure to apply here). Still, I see no evidence that *all* AS know about this.

Everything can be healed except death!!! Besides, no one stands in the shadow so long that he cannot return to light!! Maybe, these words imply 13x13 method might be healed in the last book. However, I don't think it will take place in it, because there will be things to happen before this.

Archived