DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Questions about the Website

Phelix

So, I had a couple questions about the website, but can't do the PM thing right now, so I'll ask them out here in public! :biggrin:

1. Regarding the One Power Scores list, how often does it get updated? I was wanting to compare Elin with the other new novices, as well as the established characters, but the newer characters aren't on the list yet.
  2. Speaking of the One Power Scores list, several of the characters have +x in their scores. Is there a way to get a stats boost? (I see a chart of people who have received Bonus Skill points, but nothing saying how to go about getting them.)
  3. A few of the characters on the Scores list have asterisks by their names. Why? What do those denote?
  4. Why does Entering the Dream require more of the other four elements, but less Spirit, than basic Traveling does?

That's it, really, for now. Any help would make my day. :D

Edit: And a fourth question!

Edited by Phelix

So, I had a couple questions about the website, but can't do the PM thing right now, so I'll ask them out here in public! :biggrin:

1. Regarding the One Power Scores list, how often does it get updated? I was wanting to compare Elin with the other new novices, as well as the established characters, but the newer characters aren't on the list yet.
  2. Speaking of the One Power Scores list, several of the characters have +x in their scores. Is there a way to get a stats boost? (I see a chart of people who have received Bonus Skill points, but nothing saying how to go about getting them.)
  3. A few of the characters on the Scores list have asterisks by their names. Why? What do those denote?
  4. Why does Entering the Dream require more of the other four elements, but less Spirit, than basic Traveling does?

1. Those should be updated as soon as someone sends in their OP breakdown - I'll check up on that.

2. There are several ways to get a Skills boost. Becoming an Ajah Head or above, doing lots of OOC work, doing extra OP classes, etc

3. The asterisks mark someone who did their OP breakdown incorrectly and we haven't been able to contact them to correct it.

4. Not a clue - we've been working on the Talents but revamping it is far from complete

1. Those should be updated as soon as someone sends in their OP breakdown - I'll check up on that.

2. There are several ways to get a Skills boost. Becoming an Ajah Head or above, doing lots of OOC work, doing extra OP classes, etc

3. The asterisks mark someone who did their OP breakdown incorrectly and we haven't been able to contact them to correct it.

4. Not a clue - we've been working on the Talents but revamping it is far from complete

Thanks Elgee!

1. I'll wait with my customary patience and aplomb. ;)

2. Good to know. :D Extra classes should be fun... and what kind of OOC work would you like from a raw recruit like me?

3. Ah... that makes sense. (I was especially noticing that Alicatia who's score is double digits stronger than Elin. That would be an interesting meeting....)

4. Oooh. If you want someone to take a second look at it, or a third for that matter, I'd be more than happy to volunteer. :D

Traveling is supposed to be very hard to do for women. Hence, the higher Earth and Fire scores the fewer people who would be able to attempt it. If you look up the points assignments needed to do traveling it actually requires a higher ability score.

Traveling is supposed to be very hard to do for women. Hence, the higher Earth and Fire scores the fewer people who would be able to attempt it. If you look up the points assignments needed to do traveling it actually requires a higher ability score.

http://www.dragonmount.com/forums/index.php?app=forums&module=post&section=post&do=reply_post&f=161&t=51432&qpid=1627836

Maybe the requirements were switched then, because Entering the Dream right now is listed as 5 for Earth, Air, Fire, and Water, and 6 for Spirit, while Traveling requires only an 8 in Spirit. Another oddity is the skill difference between them. Traveling only requires a skill of 26, but Entering the Dream requires a skill of 33.

http://whitetower.aliciawilkerson.com/?page_id=11

I think that Entering the Dream and Travelling are two entirely seperate things. I have the impression that Entering the Dream is a weave that allows the a person to enter the dream while sleeping.

And Travelling is much more difficult for women because women are inherently weaker than men. At least, that is what I think.