DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

I think the Kindle is pretty swell

The Fisher King

• 2 weeks later...

I plan on getting a Nook as soon as I can afford it. I do my online book shopping through Barnes and Noble much more often than Amazon and have the entire A Song of Ice and Fire series in my e-library through B&N already.

• 2 weeks later...

I really like mine. The main reason, now don't judge, is I can have my toast and bananas in the morning before work and read my book without having to place my phone on the pages to weight them down or place the plate on it.

Also I don't live anywhere near a decent bookstore so it's handy in that regard.

The screen is quite amazing and when you get one and open it prepare for a suprize.

The inbuilt dictionary is handy.

Reading with one hand is handy for in bed, eating or driving the car.

It cuts down on paper and frees up space in the house. I've a shocking amount of nooks and storage us a prob. Just the Terry practhett books alone dominate the study.

The charge is impressive, very impressive. I have it a week and I've read the way of kings and it's stool on full charge according to the battery.

Okay skipping pages by accident is irksome but so is dropping your book.

Driving the car. ... Driving the CAAAR???!!! ... Whaaaaa???! ... Dude. OTT: Listen buddy, I enjoy reading as much as the next man, but maybe we should chill on reading our kindles while DRIVING THE CAR!!! - LOL!!!

Safety First! :)

- Fish

I really like mine. The main reason, now don't judge, is I can have my toast and bananas in the morning before work and read my book without having to place my phone on the pages to weight them down or place the plate on it.

Also I don't live anywhere near a decent bookstore so it's handy in that regard.

The screen is quite amazing and when you get one and open it prepare for a suprize.

It cuts down on paper and frees up space in the house. I've a shocking amount of nooks and storage us a prob. Just the Terry practhett books alone dominate the study.

The charge is impressive, very impressive. I have it a week and I've read the way of kings and it's stool on full charge according to the battery.

Driving the car. ... Driving the CAAAR???!!! ... Whaaaaa???! ... Dude. OTT: Listen buddy, I enjoy reading as much as the next man, but maybe we should chill on reading our kindles while DRIVING THE CAR!!! - LOL!!!

- Fish

He has a good point.

Keep your eyes on the road :rolleyes:

- Fish

He has a good point.

Keep your eyes on the road :rolleyes:

Amen, Brother Ben!

- Fish

• 1 month later...

I bought one of those overpriced leather covers from Staples and brought my Kindle to an SCA event. People were impressed with my "Book of a Thousand Songs and Stories."

I heard from someone how got a kindle, because he thought mine was so awesome, that he downloaded a bunch of stuff from Pirate Bay. I didn't know someone hacked kindle content.

Some on the books he downloaded, like the complete Dresden Files series, were published in the past few years. There are some of those site I just haven't gotten around to looking at yet. But there seem to be hacks of non public domain material.

Always wondered about the kindle, what formats does it read?

I've got stuff from various sources in .lit, .pdf and .epub. As well as various comic scans. Will it read them?

I usually read stuff on my phone or on the Laptop (usually a few pages then go buy it cos I do like the books!) when I'm out and about but it kills the phone battery :/

I plan on getting a Nook as soon as I can afford it. I do my online book shopping through Barnes and Noble much more often than Amazon and have the entire A Song of Ice and Fire series in my e-library through B&N already.

Elend...pleeeeeeeeeease get a Kindle over the Nook...TRUST ME: You will NOT regret it.

- Fish

Brought one!

Eeeeek and I love it!

It has been in my pocket all weekend. In the coffee shop, Kindle. Waiting in line? Kindle. Not wanting to listen to my boss? Kindle!

Oh, and me buying made my mum and brother buy one!

If anyone has existing e-books (in anything bar .pdf), you can use Calibreto help convert it.

Yay for not repaying for content :D

Really??!? Stop that! lol

Plus Nook = Bad. I had a conversation with a lady that was a Nook user and she said, "Yeah I love my Nook, I can read for like 3 hours before I have to charge it." and I thought to myself 'Wow, I think I charged my kindle like...2 months ago..' (I read EVERY day for at least 3 hours at a time lol)

Archived